The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"Turnkey" online store...

brianm4289

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Mar 1, 2010
so I just found a possible business venture I was thinking about trying out but seems to be just another one of the trillion money hungry scammers out there trying to make a buck. He offers a complete turnkey online store for like $400 and additional $700 for professional web design and then you get charged additional $100 for every additional 100 products you add to your site through them as they are offering them, so roughly $1300 to start... sounds too good to be true and a little red flag always goes up in my mind with this kind of thing... anybody have any advice? I really need to get some passive income flowing in and I have narrowed it down to either e commerce or maybe try my hand in real estate...maybe I could just put $2k down on a cheap foreclosure and get some renters or flip thr property... any advice guys?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
I'm not saying this guy's a scammer, but I don't think you'll be able to retire soon either.

What he's selling is basically what you can buy on Flippa: The #1 Marketplace for Buying and Selling Websites for a few hundred dollars.

It sounds like he has found a niche, set up an affiliate site, and is flipping the site to you. He'll add products if you need.

I'm not an expert at that process, but I'll guarantee I can set up a site with 100 products in about 5-6 hours.

If this guy were to allow you to pay him out of profits, I'd say go with it, but he won't. Nor will he guarantee the results.

Spend a few days on flippa studying the sites and the bids. Visit the sites to see what they have to offer. Then decide if he's charging a fair price.

brianm4289

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Mar 1, 2010
yea i kind of figured it was something along those lines but needed to ask around to see what others thought

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
so I just found a possible business venture I was thinking about trying out but seems to be just another one of the trillion money hungry scammers out there trying to make a buck. He offers a complete turnkey online store for like $400 and additional $700 for professional web design and then you get charged additional $100 for every additional 100 products you add to your site through them as they are offering them, so roughly $1300 to start... sounds too good to be true and a little red flag always goes up in my mind with this kind of thing... anybody have any advice? I really need to get some passive income flowing in and I have narrowed it down to either e commerce or maybe try my hand in real estate...maybe I could just put $2k down on a cheap foreclosure and get some renters or flip thr property... any advice guys?

I've seen hundreds of these. It's really easy, I could set these up for you for $1300 all day and make $1250 on each one. Problem is that you won't make your $1300 back because the products that are loaded onto these sites come straight from a dropshipper database and your wholesale prices are not competitive and the products aren't the best name brands. Also, there are hundreds of stores exactly like yours with different color schemes and the exact same products.

Setting up the store is the EASIEST part of opening an ecommerce store! Did you know what to do once the store is given to you?

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego

Anyone who tries to charge you for every item that you add is scamming you. I can setup a store for you where you will be able to add your own items; an unlimited amount(it's easy to do); and I'd only charge you $500 for it. I also have a website design that's unused which I can give to you for free as part of the package; if you want a new design I can do that as well but it will bump up the price to about $1,000 for the store and website. Send me a pm if you're interested.

brianm4289

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Mar 1, 2010
no i completely know how to set up a website and add products... the problem is finding products lol I figured this guy had a complete list of products at the lowest possible dropshipper price which is a lot easier than dealing with 50 different companies for dropshipping each companies individual products and never getting the best price because of volume of ordering

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
no i completely know how to set up a website and add products... the problem is finding products lol I figured this guy had a complete list of products at the lowest possible dropshipper price which is a lot easier than dealing with 50 different companies for dropshipping each companies individual products and never getting the best price because of volume of ordering

Oh, I see what you mean now. But, let's say you set up this store. How would you attract customers? It's not as simple as, "build it and they will come". There are thousands of websites already doing what you're trying to do, so what will set yours apart? Not trying to discourage you but I'm just pointing out the risks involved in starting a business like this. I actually have a proposition for you for a way to make some money off your 2k while you think of something else to do. I will send you a pm.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Think about this list of products and this "guy". I own a store and have a great dropshipper with great prices. I should be making tons of money. But yet I'm willing to sell you an exact copy of my money making store for $1300. In fact, I'm not only going to make only $1300 but I'm increasing my competition so my own store will make less and less money in the future. Do you really think that this guy's list of products makes him any money?

Now, as Darkside says... let's assume that this list of products is good and at great prices. Let's even say that you are price competitive with Amazon and Ebay. Do you know how to market your store once you get it?

brianm4289

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Mar 1, 2010
yes I have thought about ways of marketing, I have also considered that there is so much competition and their prices seem even lower than the wholesalers that it isn't worth my time. I really want to get into real estate but have very little knowledge of the game and nobody to talk to that can even point me in the right direction, any good book reccomendations?

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
yes I have thought about ways of marketing, I have also considered that there is so much competition and their prices seem even lower than the wholesalers that it isn't worth my time. I really want to get into real estate but have very little knowledge of the game and nobody to talk to that can even point me in the right direction, any good book reccomendations?

There are lots of posters here who are experienced in real estate. I don't know if you could do much with only 2k but they'll help you out.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
There are lots of posters here who are experienced in real estate. I don't know if you could do much with only 2k but they'll help you out.

About the only thing I can think of in this $ range is to try Lonnie Deals. Even that is a tight squeeze, unless you are quite the wheeler-dealer.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Brian, do you want to make money online or in real estate? Which comes first for your plan? Figure that out.

As far as the money goes, if you learn to code some yourself or partnered with someone, $2000 can go a long ways! If the money is limiting what you want to do, go get 2nd job or sell on ebay. Do whatever it takes to build up whatever amount of money you feel is necessary. At this point, it is all about having a plan and hustling to meet your goals ASAP.

brianm4289

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Mar 1, 2010
When I mentioned $2,000 I was just throwing a number out there... I have a little more than that to invest but being a new investor and just learning all of this I am trying to be safe with the little money I have. My main goal would be to have a steady income from a business of some sort that could be run from home and just put all of the profits toward buying assets that would give me an income flow and just keep building I love cars and would love to start an auto parts business of some kind but the market is so saturated with knock off parts and low prices it seems impossible to get into right now anybody have any suggestions of what is a decent market to get involved in right now online??

Smooth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Mar 20, 2010
I agree that ecommerce is a very lucrative venture, but this particular one is just not the way to go. As everyone else is saying, you can do this for much cheaper and offer much higher quality products that are actually unique. This is just a speed-bump. Figure out a way to push forward with your plan!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.