The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tuning German Cars

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
A friend of me makes digital motor tuning.
The idea now is to make motor tuning in US for German cars.

A owner of a car workshop would buy the needed slave interfaces (about 10000usd).
He is trained directly by my friend.
He reads out the engine control unit, sends the file to my friend. My friend sends back the tuned file to the slave Equipment, which puts it back into the car.

My friend is good at doing the car tuning programming?

You think that works?

How much is car tuning charged in US?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
You don't need much for business but you do need these two things;

1) Customers
2) Sales

Have you/they done the work to know if you have this? In Europe BMW tuning is everywhere - but that may be a location thing.

A lot of it's success will be market need plus marketing.

How many German Cars in the US?
How much do US owners care about the tuning?
What % of the population is interested in tuning their car during economic instability?

As a business it also relies on multiple layers of control - you need the workshop to front the capital and then you need the friend with the knowledge to do the work - but what if the owner decides he can get the work done for less elsewhere - or do it himself? etc etc.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Is there someone with that "interface device" that could rent access to it?
Instead of buying it, you could rent and post ads/talk in FB groups about that offer.
Even take a hit on initial offers to see what is price people are interested in and work out from there if its viable biz.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.