The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tshirts, Bloody Tshirts

ShanghaiSix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Dec 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
All,

Hey, have one successful business in place (well, charity: stackup.org) already, but since picking up the Unscripted audio book, I've been kicking around this lifestyle brand concept in my head. I started templating it out six months ago, then realized that it was taking me away from my primary mission. However, we're in a lull right now following our successful Veterans Day fundraising campaign, and now I'm sitting around here with everyone leaving for the holidays and I've got time here to start looking into it. Charity work is never going to make me a millionaire, and my goal is to be able to not have to take a paycheck from the charity. Honorable goal!

Anyway, going to start this brand out with some t-shirts with branding and logo to get the ball rolling, but want to hear from folks here if there are any step-by-step guides on t-shirt development, etc. Good retailers to use, dropshippers vs do-it-yourself, etc.

Also, I need to lock in my brand name; once people see the words and how it's used, there is definitely the possibility of someone swooping in and trying to grab it. Outside of having to get a trademark for it with expensive legal fees, is there a way to park on the brand concept for now without spending $$ to do so? I have owned some domains and social media with the names, I'm guessing that should be enough to start things off, then worry about locking it down?

Thoughts? Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted74396

I used printful for dropshipping and found the prices decent.

I don't have any links but if you're interested in screenprinting I wrote out a step by step guide of the entire process, I could send you some scans (if you promise to excuse my handwriting!). On a £20 t-shirt I get double the profit on a screen print, but it obviously takes more work especially in low quantities.

Another little tip: if you want a custom tag, save time over screenprinting by using a custom stamp and a fabric ink pad! :)

ShanghaiSix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Dec 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I used printful for dropshipping and found the prices decent.

I don't have any links but if you're interested in screenprinting I wrote out a step by step guide of the entire process, I could send you some scans (if you promise to excuse my handwriting!). On a £20 t-shirt I get double the profit on a screen print, but it obviously takes more work especially in low quantities.

Another little tip: if you want a custom tag, save time over screenprinting by using a custom stamp and a fabric ink pad! :)
This is exactly the kind of insight I am looking for in this thread. Bangin. THANKS!

That said, I'm not ready to start screenprinting my own shirts. I've got the idea, the designs, if I can get someone else to do the heavy lifting (as this is a side gig), it's a better idea for now until I see if this has any wings.

ShanghaiSix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Dec 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Im at the gym and Stackup sounds like a mean preworkout.
It's a military formation; when you see a group of cops lining up on a door to breach it? That's called a "stack". Stacking Up (as a charity) is the idea of a group of like minded individuals coming together for a common purpose (I'm pretty okay with this branding stuff :p )

Attachments

• This is what I want, Moo. Back.jpg
    This is what I want, Moo. Back.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 0
  • indonesia-swat-team1.jpg
    indonesia-swat-team1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 0

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders