The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trying to help my mom with her site

1320Trader

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 14, 2007
Maryland
My mom has been running her web site for a few years but she is lost when it comes to advertising it on the net and I don't offer much help on the subject. A pretty good % of her visitors make an order. Any good books she should be reading? She has done search engine optimization but that just gives her a little boost in visits and then it dies back down. Any advice would be appreciated. She's not looking to become a millionaire (not saying she would'nt mind)...she just would like to stay busy.

She is starting to think that it just won't work out, so she wants to go look for a job and I really rather her not have to do that.

I don't want to sound like im plugging her site but for a reference, here it is

www.comfortgifts.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lucas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Oct 7, 2007
I'd say she should just be poking around on the net more rather than reading books. There are lots of places online where you can get extremely valuable information about online marketing.

A great place to start might be SEO blogs. Places like tropical seo, stuntdubl, and lee dodd's blog are all good reads. She should also hang around forums like this one and earnerforum and the forums at richdad.

Also, have her google for "100 ways to get free traffic" "100 free traffic methods" and other variation. There have been many articles/blogs written about hundreds of ways to advertise for free. Those lists will give some GREAT inspiration.

Here's a short list right off the top of my head: directory submission, search engine submission, article authoring and submission, forum signature links, blog commenting, myspace, facebook, youtube, press releases, contests, viral marketing, linkbait... the list goes on.

And don't forget about offline advertising! Just because your business is online doesn't mean you shouldn't have a business card. Business cards are part of our culture, and you will be asked for them -- might as well advertise your website. I've also had good success with bumper stickers, brochures/pamphlets, and t-shirts. You can also get a stamp with your website url for like $10 or something at staples or office depot, then you can stamp everything in sight with your URL, including all outgoing mail.

Hope this helps!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.