• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

WEB/DIGITAL Trying to help my mom with her site

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by 1320Trader, Oct 9, 2007.

1. 1320Trader

1320Trader New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $82
    My mom has been running her web site for a few years but she is lost when it comes to advertising it on the net and I don't offer much help on the subject. A pretty good % of her visitors make an order. Any good books she should be reading? She has done search engine optimization but that just gives her a little boost in visits and then it dies back down. Any advice would be appreciated. She's not looking to become a millionaire (not saying she would'nt mind)...she just would like to stay busy.

She is starting to think that it just won't work out, so she wants to go look for a job and I really rather her not have to do that.

I don't want to sound like im plugging her site but for a reference, here it is

www.comfortgifts.com

2. lucas

lucas New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $42
    I'd say she should just be poking around on the net more rather than reading books. There are lots of places online where you can get extremely valuable information about online marketing.

A great place to start might be SEO blogs. Places like tropical seo, stuntdubl, and lee dodd's blog are all good reads. She should also hang around forums like this one and earnerforum and the forums at richdad.

Also, have her google for "100 ways to get free traffic" "100 free traffic methods" and other variation. There have been many articles/blogs written about hundreds of ways to advertise for free. Those lists will give some GREAT inspiration.

Here's a short list right off the top of my head: directory submission, search engine submission, article authoring and submission, forum signature links, blog commenting, myspace, facebook, youtube, press releases, contests, viral marketing, linkbait... the list goes on.

And don't forget about offline advertising! Just because your business is online doesn't mean you shouldn't have a business card. Business cards are part of our culture, and you will be asked for them -- might as well advertise your website. I've also had good success with bumper stickers, brochures/pamphlets, and t-shirts. You can also get a stamp with your website url for like $10 or something at staples or office depot, then you can stamp everything in sight with your URL, including all outgoing mail.

Hope this helps!

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.