The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trying to get my website to NOT feel like a scam - help?

Quantum Fome

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 12, 2019
Often times businesses or people who are giving "advice" on websites are just going off of looks. There are some great methodologies to driving action. having the CTAs in the right place, the God Spot being purposeful, a funnel / landing page setup that gives and in return receives. If you'd like to chat more, send me a message and we can connect. It looks good. But effectiveness is much different :)
Message sent.

GTmetrix | Website Speed and Performance Optimization to analyze and fix your loading speed. Look at what it finds wrong with your site and Google how to fix the problems if you don't know how.
I'll be using this tool in the future. Thank you!
The most important thing. The thing that needs to get fixed before he even thinks about anything else.

You're right, it absolutely can. That's the reason you split test. Incredibly minor adjustments like this are huge deals for Apple and Tesla and McDonalds and Amazon. These companies will sell regardless of font, but you split test fonts because it means potentially millions in additional revenue. I'm confident each of these companies have launched a product or marketing campaign which failed miserably. And you know what they didn't do? Change the font. They scrapped the campaign and started from scratch, or at the very least, changed direction in a monumental fashion.

If a new sports car gets 3 mpg and it doesn't sell, you don't upgrade the valve stems. You first fix the fuel consumption issue. Then once you have a car people buy, you mess around with stuff like valve stems to inch your way up.

If I'm selling cookies made with cat food and chocolate chip, I don't start by adding more chocolate chips. I start by scrapping the recipe and starting over. Then once I have a palatable cookie, I test adding more chocolate chips.

And honestly, the only reason I even said anything in the first place is because I envisioned this person making all these tiny changes because they're easy and he feels like he's accomplishing something, but the site remains scammy because he didn't tackle the most important one.
If it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it's probably a SCAM! Seriously though, thanks for the input.
Where does one start. There is so much clutter and non-sensible info going on. I would suggest just taking a screenshot and framing it, then hang it in the outhouse. Give someone a giggle, while their taking a ****.

I added two screen shots, that outline just "a couple" of errors. The first is the header, with your private email in the tab. Not professional. The second is your web is hosted with mysite. How do I know, all I had to do was hover my mouse over the email at the bottom of the page and the "suss" info pops up. Confusing and making people go "whoa" hang on a bit.

Alarm bells would ring "Scam Alert 101"

My best advice, would be visit some finance or mortgage websites, look at their layout, see what works for them. Have a look at Intracorp.
Oh wow, I didn't even realize that. I will look into those sites as well.

So to sum up... the site needs to be burned to the ground and completely rethought and rebuilt. Something worthy of proper grammar. I'll post an update once I can get it all fixed.

Thanks everybody for your brutality. I truly appreciate it.

MichaelCash

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Apr 7, 2013
New York
I like that you have linkedIn profile, it ads credibility. It is also good that you have a physical address. I would recommend to add reviews from customers. Another thing is to add links to articles published by you on social media websites.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Are you still looking for feedback?
The part with:
"Why Choose Us? It’s Simple"
1.Has awful background - it looks like straight from paintbrush.
2.Technically its blue but its not the blue you use on the rest of your site (you mostly use toned down blue). I guess you should keep pallette of colours consistent.
3. Dark font on a blue background is disaster. Its almost not readable, turn it to bold white or similar.

When it comes to copywriting i think benefit of 24h response should be posted above the fold.
You do open question ("LOOKING FOR FUNDING FOR YOUR BUSINESS?), but you don't state any benefit of doing so. Some of the: "Bank Said No? Relax, we got this…" should be above the fold.

That would be it. Besides above, site seems good.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.