The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

True Pain Point : Fictitious Career Planning/Progression

Marketing, social media, advertising

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
MJ came up with the Fastlane philosophy as a remedy against slow retirement, relying on regular saving and wall street financial products.

I felt that there was something missing in the message and something incomplete all the while, but didn't know exactly what until recently.

For most people slow retirement wasn't the initial true pain point.

It is more of disillusionment/disappointment with their jobs, that they want to make enough money just to quit their job.

Only then it becomes obvious that early retirement is necessary.

I would say fastlane is the nemesis is the mainstream advice on career planning/progression.

This includes getting the right degree, CV Building strategies for relevant project experience, networking, staying in the office to impress your boss, using off office hour to study for certifications. Face time, face time face time.........

Business people talk about skills of directing traffic. Career building strategists talk about the art of taking medical leaves for job hopping interviews at office hours.

Harsh Reality: Someone's manager didn't like him and despite all the efforts, he scored bottom in the appraisal and hence no extra bonus for that year. Many corporates use a bell curve. Someone has to be in the bottom. He tendered the resignation in anger.

There is likely an overlap between the two segments. Both fastlaners and career strategists are more ambitious than average person.

You are far less likely to get scammed by the slowlane doctrine if you treat your job as nothing more than a paycheck to foot your bills.

I would say the biggest victims are likely people who had a lot of false hopes in their jobs. Do you dues and ten years later you will be like them....That is what they expect.

There is also a small education market targeted at career strategist. Back in college days I remember how people are buying self-taught financial modeling courses online, and exchanging answers on psychometric test to game the investment banking internship interviews.

I think MJ's marketing message could be more powerful if it is not just targeted at people who think about "saving regularly every month to retire at 65" or "Penny pinching and all in growth stocks to retire before 35".

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.