The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

travel Agent???

Otter

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 28, 2007
Wondering if anyone on this forum has worked as a travel agent? I Have an idea and it invovles travel/booking so I was thinking to go and learn a little about this fieldd may not be a bad idea,unless someone tells me otherwise!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Travel agents are a dying breed. Everybody books online.

Otter

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 28, 2007
Yes I think so also but for NICHE areas in the travel world online has created alot of oppurtunity!

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Which area are you trying to get more information about? The online part or the general industry portion of the industry?

Either way, the uptake is going to cost you to get the entity out there. Priceline and others are billion dollar companies and will impact whatever you try to do in this space.

What makes your idea so different?

Otter

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 28, 2007
My idea is not crazy out of the the realm of things just thinking about something that no one has ever hit on and marketed. But in the meantime, I just want to get some idea of how the Travel agency world works and then make my decision on If/How I am going to go forward on this!

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
How the travel agent industy used to work is that you would book travel on an airline and you would get a percent of the price of the ticked book.

That has changed. That is changing or is non existent today as the airlines have been cutting how much they share with travel agents and so that industry has been in a constant decline. Someone else can add more light on this I am sure.

At any rate, there just is not as much money in that industry as there used to be.

As to your idea -- it falls in the innovate arena which is what some agents have resorted to doing, specializing in a particular area or niche market. If you have something totally unique, and again you MUST qualify it before you move out on it, then you are an exception and should see some return on your investment IF you can execute your idea.

All the best to you...

Otter

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 28, 2007
What I am thinking about doing is a small Niche, that after doing some research I do not think anyone else has put it together. It would invovle putting alot of mom and pop type operations together for tours,guided trips, etc, basic marketing these smaller resorts together for a bigger bang for the buck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.