Since finishing TMF I have been working on my fastlane idea. At first I was hesitant to share my idea, but after all the reading I've done I realized it's really not a big deal - especially since there is already competition in my particular niche.
My fastlane plan it to sell a delayed release caffeine type of supplement that is ingested before going to sleep and releases 7-8 hours later to help people with waking up in the morning. It's not simple or cheap to manufacture, but thats not what this post is about.
This post is because I came up with the name upNgo for the product. I found upNgo.co and registered the domain (which I was thrilled about because I think it has a great ring to it), and hired a freelancer to do a logo for a couple dollars. I looked through the trademark database and did see another company registered as upngo, but since they were in a totally different market (clothing) I wasn't concerned about it.
Well today I did a little more research and there is a company registered as up&go that sells nutritional products. It didn't show up in my initial searches because of the "&" sign rather then the letter "N". Amateur mistake, I admit - then again...I AM an amateur.......
Anyway, what would you guys do? I'm not worried about the few dollars I lost if I have to dump it, I just thought the name was easy for consumers to remember. I don't want trademark legality issues down the road, so I'm pretty sure I can answer my own question here, but its good to confirm with the pros!
My fastlane plan it to sell a delayed release caffeine type of supplement that is ingested before going to sleep and releases 7-8 hours later to help people with waking up in the morning. It's not simple or cheap to manufacture, but thats not what this post is about.
This post is because I came up with the name upNgo for the product. I found upNgo.co and registered the domain (which I was thrilled about because I think it has a great ring to it), and hired a freelancer to do a logo for a couple dollars. I looked through the trademark database and did see another company registered as upngo, but since they were in a totally different market (clothing) I wasn't concerned about it.
Well today I did a little more research and there is a company registered as up&go that sells nutritional products. It didn't show up in my initial searches because of the "&" sign rather then the letter "N". Amateur mistake, I admit - then again...I AM an amateur.......
Anyway, what would you guys do? I'm not worried about the few dollars I lost if I have to dump it, I just thought the name was easy for consumers to remember. I don't want trademark legality issues down the road, so I'm pretty sure I can answer my own question here, but its good to confirm with the pros!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
