The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Top ten personality traits of a Successful Entrepreneur.

Anything related to matters of the mind
Apr 27, 2010
What would be the top ten traits? What kind of attitude should we be trying to develop?

In which direction would our success go in if we worked on our communication skills first?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
A

Anon3587x

I'm sorry this thought does not answer your question as you asked.

But I think a great personality trait of a successful entrepreneur is something you can't really explain. Its just this feeling from deep within that they were ment for something greater then the road set before them. And they have this ambition to get it get it done.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
Defiance - Learn the difference between advice and constructive criticism, and naysayers. Thumb your nose at the latter.
Team work - Even the lone wolf benefits from trading with the pack.
Discipline - You have to be able to see things through. Period.
Curiosity - If you don't wonder, you don't wander.
Ingenuity - It needn't be enough to build pyramids, but problem solving skills are massively helpful.
Action orientation - A goal is a target destination. Action builds momentum to bring you there.
Analytical mind - You have to test the product, the market, the delivery.. And compare it to alternatives.
Organized - You will gain a lot of information. You want to have a good system to store your notes and a good habit of maintaining that system.
Say no - No, really. Practice this. Don't say maybe meaning no. Don't say 'I'll think about it' meaning no. Don't say yes because you feel guilty saying no. You'll either waste peoples time by eventually saying no, or you'll wind up getting nowhere because the leeches along the way will find you.
Get energized - It seems to me the people with high spirits and high energy are the ones that succeed. Makes sense... You can have all the focus in the world, but if you're too apathetic or depressed to do much, you won't get far.

I can't directly answer the communication skill question, but hopefully this helps; You live in a world with billions of other people. In order to get money, you have to deal with them.

I had to dig deep after the first five :p

G

Guest3722A

If you haven't already consider reading, "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill. Imo, this book has been the starting point for countless success stories as it identifies and outlines the key characteristics of ultra successful people throughout history.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cat Man Du

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 30, 2007
What would be the top ten traits? What kind of attitude should we be trying to develop?

In which direction would our success go in if we worked on our communication skills first?

I'm going to make this short & sweet.......................BE A DOER.....DO IT!!!:eusa_clap:

premeddc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 15, 2010
The Magic Ladder to Success written by Napoleon Hill states Success is...
#1 The Master Mind
#2 The Importance of a Definite Aim
#3 Self-Confidence
#4 The Habit of Saving
#5 Take Initiative And Lead
#6 Imagination
#7 Enthusiasm
#8 Self-Control
#9 The Habit Of Doing More Than Paid For Pays Off
#10 The Personality Of Success
#11 Accurate Thinking
#12 Concentration
#13 Cooperation
#14 Profiting by Failure
#15 Tolerance
#16 Using The Golden Rule To Win Cooperation
#17 The Prosperous Habit Of Health

I would write more but reading the book for your-self is much, much better. The man started the wealth accumulation movement. Sorry, with a-lot of help from Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford, John D. Rockefeller, Alexander Gram Bell, and a whole slew of high profile men.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.