The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Top tech tasks that should be outsourced

LeadMaster

Banned
Jun 21, 2013
I came across an article called 10 tech tasks small businesses should outsource. The top three tasks were 1. Infrastructure 2. Cloud hosting 3. Customer relationship management (CRM).

I thought it was interesting that CRM was number three. Corresponding with customers in a strategic manner is becoming more and more important as customers are surfing social media sites and checking their emails more frequently. Has your business implemented a CRM system?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AmyQ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 5, 2013
Yes, we use Netsuite for our CRM. It is the foundation of our marketing, analytics and customer service.

Using it allows us to send targeted campaigns and email promotions to clients based on sales history and other data. For example, we can run are report that will find every customer who spend $X Tuesday and send them a discount/email campaign/offer in a matter of minutes.

We also use the information in it to analyze sales data. If I want to know the percentage of customers that used a promotion we sent out and how much they purchased, we can create a report that will give me us that information nearly instantly. Great feedback loop to find out what your customers respond to and then give it to them quickly.

The customer service component is a useful feature as well. If someone sends an email to our cs department, it shows up in our CRM and the employee replying can can see every dollar the customer has spent, what products they bought, what campaigns we have sent them, which ones they responded to and a record of every prior contact with customer service.

One thing though is that getting your data out of Netsuite is nearly impossible. Not sure I would go with them if I had a time machine. They essentially have us by the balls since it would cause so much friction to change to another CRM, but there are lots of options out there with the same features.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.