The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Too many ideas

Idea threads

Crazymothef

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 12, 2016
Hi,

I'm currently running a business with 2 partners but I'm constantly thinking of new ideas or I find new solutions to problems.

The problem I'm having is that I have too many ideas to start businesses and don't know where to start and mostly don't have the required skill set to start them myself. If possible I would also like to sell my ideas to interested parties, because I don't have time to work on 4 different businesses at the same time.

At the moment I'm thinking about 3 ideas
- Idea Nr 1 is a non exisiting website that works on the same principle as AirBnB but not in the same sector. I believe it would work at its best if it could be attached to one of the major industry players. The problem is that I cannot pitch my idea to the companies to sell it because they would just steal it from me. Or am I wrong?

- Idea Nr 2 is a website with premium plans that offer an online service to existing businesses. This idea requires the most coding. I was thinking of finding investors for the idea and putting it on fiverr, but I'm not sure if this is the way to go.. Learning to code myself is something that I'm working on but it would take years before I can build something that I need.

- Idea Nr 3 is a pop up store (that would change city every month or two) with an online webshop. For this idea I would need a rather big starting capital and probably someone that works in the shop since I don't have time for this. I would be the one searching for the products to put in the store.

In the past I've already had (unique) ideas that turned into big businesses but I never had the time to start working on it myself. I don't want to keep on making the same "mistake" and do nothing with my ideas.

- Would it be possible to sell my ideas? And if so, any advice on this?
- If not, what idea would you start working first on? The one that has the biggest chance of success? The one that needs not too much work?
- Since I'm constantly having new ideas, it would be ideal if I could find a solution that would allow me to think of new ideas and then sell them or have them executed by others because I'm sure new ideas will be growing in my head constantly..

Any advice?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hi,

I'm currently running a business with 2 partners but I'm constantly thinking of new ideas or I find new solutions to problems.

The problem I'm having is that I have too many ideas to start businesses and don't know where to start and mostly don't have the required skill set to start them myself. If possible I would also like to sell my ideas to interested parties, because I don't have time to work on 4 different businesses at the same time.

At the moment I'm thinking about 3 ideas
- Idea Nr 1 is a non exisiting website that works on the same principle as AirBnB but not in the same sector. I believe it would work at its best if it could be attached to one of the major industry players. The problem is that I cannot pitch my idea to the companies to sell it because they would just steal it from me. Or am I wrong?

- Idea Nr 2 is a website with premium plans that offer an online service to existing businesses. This idea requires the most coding. I was thinking of finding investors for the idea and putting it on fiverr, but I'm not sure if this is the way to go.. Learning to code myself is something that I'm working on but it would take years before I can build something that I need.

- Idea Nr 3 is a pop up store (that would change city every month or two) with an online webshop. For this idea I would need a rather big starting capital and probably someone that works in the shop since I don't have time for this. I would be the one searching for the products to put in the store.

In the past I've already had (unique) ideas that turned into big businesses but I never had the time to start working on it myself. I don't want to keep on making the same "mistake" and do nothing with my ideas.

- Would it be possible to sell my ideas? And if so, any advice on this?
- If not, what idea would you start working first on? The one that has the biggest chance of success? The one that needs not too much work?
- Since I'm constantly having new ideas, it would be ideal if I could find a solution that would allow me to think of new ideas and then sell them or have them executed by others because I'm sure new ideas will be growing in my head constantly..

Any advice?

Get an INSIDERS's subscription and sell your ideas.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
You stated in another thread that you were having trouble with your current partners. With so many ideas to pursue, why not leave your current partnership, then pick your best new idea and start on your own. Put the brainstorming on hold and focus on your own Fastlane business.

ethiyg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Apr 8, 2016

I think i like this the most, the idea of combining online and pop up stores is getting the best of both worlds.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.