The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Today I Trudged...

Anything related to matters of the mind

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Forced by some lame-a$$ to go for a run. 10 miles in the heat with sweat pouring down my face.

Cars everywhere. The traffic was horrible and people... so rude. There were unfriendly faces the entire way. They looked away as I ran past and kept their distance out of the reach of my dog.

Bikers took up the sidewalk not leaving room for us to go by without moving into the road.

The long, lonely stretches of roadway seemed to never end. All I could do was gaze off in the distance while I wearily pushed forward.

The last mile felt like hell.... I was so tired that I could barely move. All I wanted was to be finished. My mouth was dry and I felt like I was going to pass out.

Today I was a victim... of myself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Okay, okay... That is not how it went. Just wanted to put out an alternative perspective.

I love to run. I have run since I was a young child. I am almost 56 years old and still beat out throws to 1st base in softball (if 3rd is playing deep, I hit that way and run like hell).

I have had some injuries that held me out of competitive running for a few years. It is time to see if I can get back.

My 10 miler this morning was great. It is very warm here right now but that does not bother me. There are tunnels in my neighborhood that allow me to get under the big streets without dealing with the traffic. I live really close to the premier location in the valley and usually run there. All the houses are million plus in value and they are on 1-2 acre lots. It is pleasant. There are many golf courses around and part of my run went through one.

There are a lot of bikers and they can be annoying if you let them. It was not a problem to step out on the street for the novice riders.

Part of the run involves my meditation practice of staying in the "now". This was used at the end of the run when I needed it the most. Yes, I was tired. I tried not to think about how far I had left to go and just focused on whether I could keep moving now. I ended up with my fastest mile split for the workout in the last mile.

My dog is incredible. I picked him up from the humane society a few months ago after a coyote killed one of my dogs. He is an Australian Cattle Dog/Border Collie mix. Boy can he run! I love running with him but he occasionally wants to chase a quail or rabbit. He does not care if my feet are in the way or not. I have not fallen YET.

All in all, I love to run and enjoyed this run! Just wanted to post a possible alternative feeling for kicks.

Last edited:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
@Roz keeps reminding me of past posts. This one is very relevant to me now. Still running but age and neuropathy are taking a toll.

Still take my dog out daily for walks but he can no longer handle the distance and speed. So I lost my main running partner.

But... still running...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.