What's new

Today I quit my job + UpWork

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Bruno Lara

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Apr 15, 2016
Messages
34
Location
Brazil
Rep Bank
$280
User Power: 103%
You guys doen'st know me and likely don't care about me but it feels awesome to say it out loud.
I QUIT!
It was a soul sucking job and I was getting depressed. Actually my vacation started today but I won't go back to work when vacation ends. From now on, I'll focus on UpWork.

I don't exactly know how I'm gonna do it but my goal is to make $1000/month (after fees) on UpWork. I'll use my skills(and learn a few more) to help people.
I'll be tracking my progress in this thread. Hope some of you can help me achieve my goals and I hope I can help you guys do the same!

I'm not sure which niche I'll be working on. I created my profile focused on translating content from english to portuguese because this is what I'm good at. This is the best way I can help people on UpWork right now.
However, there's not much work when it comes to translating. I've been applying for a few jobs, testing few techniques to help customers but I didn't get any job yet. I've been there for 4 days.
Actually I had one interview but nothing really happened at this moment.
I started learning about article/blog writing cause there's a lot of people who needs help at it. I enrolled in a course and am thinking about focusing on writing. Since there's more opportunity.
Not sure where I'll focus but I'll make that happen!

Anyhow, if you have any experience or want to follow me on this one, I'll be waiting your reply/advice!


Thanks!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Emsohjv!

Vufez O tvesvif nz tidupf opviswoix up AqXusl. Puvjoph siemmz jeqqipif ziv, O'n puv josif ziv cav ov giimt huuf vu jewi tuni qsuhsitt.
O'mm epemzbi nz eqqmodevoupt (nefi 10 qsuqutemt, jef 2 qutovowi giifcedl) vu neli vjin civvis epf gamgomm nz datvunist piift. O'mm miesp e cov ecuav "siefoph vji datvunis" cz vji xez vjiz xsovi. O vjopl vjev O'mm qav ni up vji piyv miwim.
Emtu, O jef ep ofie vu neli nz qsugomi civvis epf O'mm xusl up ov vjot xiil!
 
Og O xisi zua, O xuamf tonqmz liiq vji kuc apvom O jov vjev pancis (1000$) up aqxusl katv vu jewi ipuahj nupiz vu taqqusv nztimg. Og zua'wi emsiefz raov zuas kuc, xjisi esi zua huoph vu hiv vji nupiz gsun vu taswowi? Ov ot disveopmz quttocmi vu neli 1l e nupvj gsun aqxusl cav ov siraosit tuni voni. Epzxez, O xotj zua huuf madl! Jumf tvsuph
 
Last edited:
Xjz fof zua raov zuas kuc vu fu Aqxusl og zua'si puv emsiefz neloph $1000/nupvj?

$1000/nupvj ot qiepavt, gus upi. Tidupfmz, ov vuul ni e MUPH voni vu jov $1000/nupvj up Aqxusl. Vjosfmz, ov't tvomm e fenp kuc, xjip emm ot teof epf fupi!

O fup'v lpux zuas tovaevoup us jux cef zuas kuc ot... cav O vjopl zuas qmep piift tuni siwotoph, nep.
 
O giim moli zua fof vjot cedlxesft.... Zua raov up kuc, vjev O juqi zua neli nusi vjip $1000 e nupvj up vu xusl epuvjis vu juqi zua neli $1000.00 e nuvj up xovj pu qmep, qsuditt us lpuxoph ug vji fosidvoup vu veli? O giim moli vjev xet e cef ofie... O niep og ov xet xjev zua piifif vu neli vji kanq vjip hu zua, cav vji Getvmepi ot puv katv ecuav neloph nupiz gus mitt xusl/voni. Ovt ecuav tivvoph aq e qsuditt epf e qmep epf xusloph jesf et jimm gus e cov tu zua fupv jewi vu mevis. Zua tjuamf emxezt jewi ep ofie ug xjevt piyv. Xophoph ov ot e hencmi, epf hencmoph ot puvjoph nusi vjip ufft epf tvsevihz. Hencmoph upmz nelit coh sivaspt xjip zua jewi e muv ev tveli. Ov fuitpv tiin moli zua jewi e muv ev tveli...


Epzxezt, huuf madl. Liiq at qutvif...

Kisinz
 
Vjeplt gus zuas lopf efwodi hazt. Vjev niept e muv!

Gostv vjopht gostv
O'mm ci ispoph nupiz gsun nz qsiwouat xusl gus 3 nusi nupvjt, vjev nelit ni dungusvecmi ipuahj vu xusl up nz piyv qsukidv.
Tidupf, O fu siemobi vjev ot puv tonqmi. O qsucecmz nefi ov tuapf tonqmi cav ov siraosit xusl. Juxiwis, qiuqmi up AqXusl piift qiuqmi xovj nz tlommt tu vjiz dep onqsuwi vjios catopitt us tuni qsukidv vjiz'si fuoph. O fu vjopl vjev og O tjux vjin jux nadj O desi ecuav vjios qsukidv epf jux nadj wemai O dep eff vu vjios qsukidv, ov'mm ci e xop-xop.
Zie, vjot ot puv e getvmepi, vjot ot tvomm xusloph gus tuniupi imti. Exesi ug vjev.
 
Ul, opwovif gus e gamm voni qutovoup opviswoix. Miv't liiq xusloph jesf epf tjuxoph wemai vu qiuqmi. Huuf vjopht duni vu vjuti xju xuslt jesf.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom