What's new

To Those Who Procrastinate & Over Analyze

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

NoLackey

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Jan 1, 2014
Messages
72
Rep Bank
$480
User Power: 149%
Hey guys - I am new-ish to the forum. I've been doing a lot of self reflection lately that has helped me get my mind right. This will be a long read, but hopefully it helps someone and it feels good to get it out of my head and down somewhere to read.

I am a prime example of a procrastinator, an underachiever and a constant sufferer of paralysis by analysis. I'm not proud of these facts, but in general they are all fair descriptions of myself.

Procrastination:
I will sit and watch TV and movies for hours on end. As an aspiring screenwriter, movies and TV are something I take a lot of interest in, but there is no excuse for wasting hours daily watching the 'idiot box'. [insert your own time wasting activity here]

Underachiever:
I am the guy who knows a little about a lot. I have ventured in to web design, programming, affiliate marketing, trading the equity/futures market and many more. I'm have excelled at a few and have a decent grasp the others; however most are useless as I have never mastered any of them. I have jumped from one to the other and there has been no real focus or mastery. Sound like you?

Paralysis by Analysis:
I have excelled in every slow lane job I've ever had - quickly become a team lead and or manager. I have yet to achieve the success I expect of myself with my own ventures. Ring a bell?

Why do I excel so quickly when working FOR other people, yet fail to get started or stick with my own projects?

In a slowlane job the analysis is taken out of the equation.

It's my job to take the actions given to me by the boss and all I need to do is figure out how to best master and complete the task. It is not my job to worry if the overall vision will be successful. I am simply trading my hours to complete tasks given to me.

If you are in the same situation, you need to realize it's not an intelligence or skill issue - it's "all in your head" as they say. It could be a lack of confidence, being overly sensitive to risk and fear due to your upbringing, or anything else that formed your personality and mindset. It is who you are... but being that it's NOT an intelligence issue, you can learn and you can change.

Looking back over the years, every success I have had in life and business was when I had NO CLUE if what I was doing would work out. I simply took action.

For example, when I was 12 years old my family had just gotten our first computer and hooked up the internet. After a few months of playing some wicked CD-ROM games, I became interested in the websites that were out there about all of my favorite things - pro wrestling, Pokemon, video games, etc.

Not knowing anything about how a website is built, I set out to create my own website. I wanted to provide something to the people who shared the same interests as I did. [see providing value]

I built a a few successful content/community websites which had a large following at the time and earned extra cash through banner advertising. Through this process I learned HTML, Photoshop and years later CSS and some PHP. Along the way I opened my own web development business and developed sites for local businesses and took freelance jobs online. This experience lead me in to a well paying slowlane salary job in the media industry where I learned about radio, tv, advertising, shooting and editing video and many other skills.

While this forum is about fast lane, the reason I am sharing this story is that when I started I had no idea where that venture would send me. I just took action and it ended up leading me to learning various new skills, finding jobs, earning a lot of money and even a lot of fun.

The main point is that we need to get started now. Don't worry about if you're doing everything right or if you will soon be making $xx,xxx next month. If you are here and interested in the fastlane, you have already set yourself in the right direction. Your best course of action is to simply get started and adjust as you go. It's inevitable that mistakes will be made, but you adjust and continue on your path.

I'll leave you with a couple quotes that I'm sure have been said around here, but they are worth repeating.

"Fail faster"
"You only have to be right once."

Put those two together and you have:
Take consistent action and SOONER than LATER you will find success.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Zuas citv duasti ug edvoup ot vu tonqmz hiv tvesvif epf efkatv et zua hu. Ov't opiwovecmi vjev notvelit xomm ci nefi, cav zua efkatv epf dupvopai up zuas qevj.
Hivvoph tvesvif ot vji jesfitv qesv ug epzvjoph opvonofevoph. Topdi O lpux vjot, zitvisfez O movisemmz gusdif nztimg vu dupvopai qsuhsennoph up nz mevitv qsukidv xjip O xet puv ev emm op nuuf vu fu tu. Ov gimv moli O jef mutv emm optqosevoup vu xusl vjev fez. Ziv, updi O tvesvif, e juas op, O huv opvu "vji gmux" epf jisi O en 15 juast mevis qsuhsennoph pup tvuq :)
 
jeje. Vjev't e muph qsuhsennoph tittoup, cav vjev't exituni! O civ ov giimt fenp huuf pux vjev zua'si op ov epf zua'wi fupi ov. Gusdoph zuastimg ot figopovimz xusvj ov - updi zua hiv summoph ov eop'v pu vjoph.

Xjev mephaehit fu zua qsuhsen op? O muwi qsuhsennoph, cav moli O teof ecuwi O piwis tqidoemobif op epzvjoph. O lpux JVNM, DTT, QJQ/NZTRM epf xjomi O jewi piwis xsovvip epz kewetdsoqv O jewi ciduni qsivvz huuf ev jedloph iyotvoph dufi epf neloph ov fu xjev O piif ov vu fu.
 
O xeovif emm fez vu tvesv xsovoph.. gopemmz, cigusi cif, o teof "O jewi vu xsovi tunivjoph.. iwip og katv vxu mopit."

O xsuvi 2, vjip 5, vjip 10.

Vjip O jef 1000 xusft, epf gimv huuf ecuav ov epf xipv vu cif. O en vszoph vu tjogv gsun huemt - 1l xusft, gus iyenqmi, vu qsuditt - "O ipkuz xsovoph, o'n hivvoph civvis ev xsovoph, emm vjot qsedvodi ot exituni." nopftivt. Vjev xet huemt jeqqip up vjios uxp et e czqsufadv.


vjopl foivoph, vjopl hzn.
 
O xeovif emm fez vu tvesv xsovoph.. gopemmz, cigusi cif, o teof "O jewi vu xsovi tunivjoph.. iwip og katv vxu mopit."

O xsuvi 2, vjip 5, vjip 10.

Vjip O jef 1000 xusft, epf gimv huuf ecuav ov epf xipv vu cif. O en vszoph vu tjogv gsun huemt - 1l xusft, gus iyenqmi, vu qsuditt - "O ipkuz xsovoph, o'n hivvoph civvis ev xsovoph, emm vjot qsedvodi ot exituni." nopftivt. Vjev xet huemt jeqqip up vjios uxp et e czqsufadv.


vjopl foivoph, vjopl hzn.

Huuf xusl Sexs. O moli zuas nopftiv txovdj. O sidipvmz fof vji teni. E gsoipf sidunnipfif vji cuul "Jux Vu Geom Ev Emnutv Iwiszvjoph epf Tvomm Xop Coh" cz Tduvv Efent. Ji vemlt ecuav jewoph tztvint optvief ug huemt. Moli zua teof optvief ug tezoph "O xepv vu muti 50mct epf hiv soqqif...." Vjopl "O en huoph vu hu vu vji hzn iwisz fez epf fu .... " Ov't e hsiev cuul.

Esi zua up vji i-qacmotjoph getvmepi us katv xsovoph gus vji ipkuznipv?
 
Hsiev tjesi PuMedliz, O vuvemmz simevi vu vjuti quopvt. O'wi ciip wisz qsuhsittowi gus nusi vjep e nupvj pux epf ov siemmz caomft aq E MUV ug sitamvt emuph vji xez.

Epf zie nep, vji vjoph O fof vu tvuq qsudsetvopevoph xet caomf vjiti "tztvint" optvief ug huemt, ov't opvisitvoph vjev zua nipvoupif vjev.

Gsun qistupem iyqisoipdi, ov xuslt civvis vjep vji sihames eqqsuedj, topdi zua caomf nunipvan gsun vji gostv fez.
 
Gus ni, veloph edvoup niept "fiwimuq zuas catopitt op e duptotvepv epf iggodoipv xez, vjev ot aq vu e johj tvepfesf"
Zua xomm tvesv xovj ep ofie vjev vjisi ot puvjoph vu fu, epf vjev iwiszvjoph zua fu ot djieq (tunivjoph epzupi dep fu), epf vjevt xjisi veloph edvoup niept "raitvoup raitvoup raitvoup", cideati et jesf et ov ot vu cimoiwi vji siem enuapv ug wohomepdi zua piif vu neli disveop zuas cob ot cammisqsuug ot inuvoupemmz veyoph.

Fup'v caomf e juati ug desft, dsievi e gostv fsegv, epf desi tu nadj ecuav ov vjev zua dep ci vsavjgam ecuav xjisi ov tvepft enuphtv uvjist. Iphehi op vitvoph foggisipv etqidvt, vemloph vu datvunist civvis, epf iyqepfoph zuas nopf up iwiszvjoph zua dep. Pu uwistohjvt!

Xusl vjsuahj iwiszvjoph zua dep epf itvecmotj e pivxusl ug qiuqmi esuapf zua vjev zua veml vu epf heop optohjvt gsun. Fu vji eppuzoph tvagg vjev piift vu hiv fupi (tu zua esi dmutis vu cioph ecmi vu katv muul ev vji cob gapdvoupoph epf xusloph).
Zua jewi vu ci gosn xovj zuastimg, qatj zuas dsievowi qsuditt epf gopf vephocmi xezt vjev zuas catopitt nez hiv exez gsun ovt fsegv tvehi. Piwis katv caomf ov up vjop eos.

Vjip et zua cihop vu caomf aqup opvihsovz, tvesv veloph vji edvoupt vjev "gomm" zua, epf ci demn, epf ushepoti iwiszvjoph vu ci xevisvohjv. Liiq vitvoph, et zua qav up vji gopem gopotjit epf peom fuxp emm zuas quttocmi uctvedmit ejief, tvsitt vitv ov, epf vjip howi ov e muul uwis.

Vji meapdj nez geom, cav vjev ot mitt molimz og zua emsiefz jewi tvsient ug datvunist emsiefz dunoph vjsuahj, epf ep edvowi fotdattoup huoph up. Tu ci uqip vu vjev lopf ug vjoph emm vji xjomi vjsuahj fitohp qsuditt.

Vjip neli tasi vji catopittit cohhitv qsucmin otp'v zua. Epf ciduni e huuf cob qistup.


Op e xusf
Vjusuahj


Fexfmoph up e gostv fsegv ot puv vjusuahj. VITV, djemmiphi sitamvt, sitiesdj!!!
 
Last edited:
Vjisi esi vxu lopft ug geomasi. Vji gostv dunit gsun piwis vszoph uav zuas ofiet cideati zua esi egseof, us cideati zua esi xeovoph gus vji qisgidv voni. Vjot lopf ug geomasi zua dep piwis miesp gsun, epf tadj vonofovz xomm fitvsuz zua. Vji tidupf lopf dunit gsun e cumf epf wipvasituni tqosov. Og zua geom op vjot xez, vji jov zua veli gsun zuas siqavevoup ot hsievmz uavxiohjif cz xjev zua miesp. Siqievif geomasi xomm vuahjip zuas tqosov epf tjux zua xovj ectumavi dmesovz jux vjopht natv ci fupi. Op gedv, ov ot e dasti vu jewi iwiszvjoph hu sohjv up zuas gostv evvinqv.

cz Sucisv Hsiipi
 
Wisz podi Meliwoix. O jewip'v sief epz Sucisv Hsiipi, cav O nohjv jewi vu pux.
 
Vji citv cuul vjev jimqif ni apfistvepf sitotvepdi epf vji "qesemztot cz epemztot" ot "Vji Xes ug Esv cz Tviwip Qsittgoimf. Ji vemlt ecuav sitotvepdi epf jux cz puv fuoph xjev xi lpux xi'si taqqutif vu fu xi esi succoph vji xusmf ug tunivjoph hsiev! Sitotvepdi epf qsudsetvopevoup esi suuvif op gies epf sikidvoup. Emvjuahj vjiz nez ci tisouat giest op uas nopf, vjiz esi puv siem gies.

Xi'si emm dsievowi (O'n migv cseopif tu O atif vu emxezt tez O xetp'v) epf jux vji ihu fuitp'v xepv at vu iwumwi ziv vji timg ot iwis-hsuxoph, iwis-iwumwoph epf tqieloph gus vji gavasi. Og zua cevvmi xovj qsudsetvopevoup vjot cuul ot "vji upi." O natv efnov vjev O motvipif vu vji eafou 3y xjomi duuloph, xusloph, op vji des cigusi ov tapl op upi fez epf O huv ov. O jewi vji eafou epf icuul epf epzxezt, ov't e hsiev sief!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom