The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

To Passion or Not - Need Advice

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

FrankD80

New Contributor
May 31, 2017
Florida
I’ve read the first two books and am midway through the Great Rat Race Escape .

I know the previous books touched on the bad idea is it to follow ones “passion” but I was already into it by the time I was introduced to the books.

My website (which is my passion) does provide value via content and I’ve carefully found the problems to solve and tried not to be like the many others doing the same which is way it has been making money.

Ideally I’d like to align what I’m doing per the advice in the book. So I guess my reason for the post is thoughts on that and if I need to perhaps to take a more niched route within this passion and keep the focus on the the challenges that lie within that.

Hopefully that made sense lol.

Looking forward to the feedback.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Be lead by value skew...

Your intense passion of the process or industry is irrelevant.
Your intense hatred of the process or industry is irrelevant.

In other words, try to strip away your personal feelings and get down to providing the most value to your audience. That way, you won't be misled by passion, dislike, or any other feelings that might dissuade your from the critical paths.

It sounds like you are making some good progress, so congrats.

FrankD80

New Contributor
May 31, 2017
Florida
Be lead by value skew...

Your intense passion of the process or industry is irrelevant.
Your intense hatred of the process or industry is irrelevant.

In other words, try to strip away your personal feelings and get down to providing the most value to your audience. That way, you won't be misled by passion, dislike, or any other feelings that might dissuade your from the critical paths.

It sounds like you are making some good progress, so congrats.
Thanks for replying MJ, I can't begin to tell you how much that means and is appreciated.

Now I think I understand it fully. It's not about what I want, it's about what the audience wants and that I think that is why thus far my site has been making progress.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
I made a new personal quiz system which I think is twice as good as the original... If you fill...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Yo! In 24 hours my Udemy courses go bye bye.. (for real this time) Gotta make way for...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any update? Hey bud! When I can squeeze out the time to work, it's been going pretty well...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
MARKETPLACE Entrepreneur's Toolbox: Company Formation, Virtual Mailbox, Registered Agent, Remote Online Notary
Appreciating the transparency and lack of hidden fees. The website is very up-front and user...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom