The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tired Of Trading 5 For 2...

RCV

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Jul 4, 2017
Hawaii
First off, I have to admit that I bought The Millionaire Fastlane over 5 years ago and it sat on my bookshelf.

I started it, stopped, started again, stopped, got excited, started again, lost focus, got distracted, started again...you get the picture.

I guess you have to be ready to hear the message.

When the student is FINALLY ready, THEN the teacher will appear.

I picked it back up again a few days ago after a particularly painful day at work (hence the title of this thread).

Seeing as this is an introduction, I'll start from the beginning.

I started this journey of creating an online business about 10 years ago in 2007.

The landscape was much different back then and getting traffic to your site was as easy as posting to Ezinearticles (Remember that?) and getting in the "related" and "most viewed" sections for your niche, which sadly could be easily manipulated (Thanks Donkey Mails).

I was heavy into affiliate marketing and did okay.

Off of a back and forth conversation with someone in the Warrior Forum I started my freelance writing service.

I wrote for small business owners, content mills like Demand Studios and larger businesses.

I wrote for Real Estate "Gurus" and SEO agencies.

I wrote for plumbers and wannabe eBook experts.

I basically wrote for anyone who was paying that wasn't a total jerk.

Then my Dad passed away about four years ago, followed by my brother about a month later.

I had never EVER experienced writers block up until that point.

I honestly was like a machine.

I could crank out a decent 500 word article in 15 minutes if I knew the topic, had the client's KWs and the density that they wanted and any other requirements like LSI KWs and phrases.

After losing two of the closest people in my life I couldn't write.

I would sit down and just couldn't.

I felt stuck.

Literally stuck.

Luckily my biggest client who is in the technology field stuck by me and was compassionate, as he had lost a loved one to cancer as well.

A little over a year later I got back on the horse, so to speak, and started writing with a vengeance.

Money was good and I was earning almost as much as I did at my day job, but it came at a cost.

I would come home from work and write until about 2:00 am.

I would write all weekend to meet deadlines.

I would be out with my family enjoying the extra income and would be thinking about the 2,000 word pillar article I needed to complete by the next day.

It wasn't good and luckily the marketplace where I advertised my services at and got the most clients from, changed their layout.

Long story short - the growing pains that came with the new system rubbed many of my clients the wrong way and they abandoned the site. Some stayed, but not many.

The break in client work has been a blessing in disguise as its given me time to re-evaluate things and time to think about building assets that work for me.

It's allowed me to realize how trading time for dollars is not the healthiest thing I can do for myself and my family.

I honestly have lost track of how much content I have written in the past decade, having written across many industries and created various types of content (Pillar articles, blog posts, training manuals, real estate guides, email auto responders, Twitter tweets, all types of website content imaginable...).

What I'm hoping for is to get around like minded individuals who are in the process, individuals who are where I want to eventually be and finally become the business owner I was always meant to be.

My avatar photo is of a sign I saw earlier today, and I thought it was so appropriate for this forum.

I want to close the sidewalk permanently.

I want to move from the slow lane to the fast lane.

Most importantly, I want to stop trading 5 for 2.

That's my story.

At least the beginning.

Now I get to rewrite it.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

-RC

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sometimes death can open our eyes to the brevity of life, and that it shouldn't be lived in a 10 x 10 cubicle 5 days a week.

So sorry to hear about your Dad and your brother. Sad.

I started it, stopped, started again, stopped, got excited, started again, lost focus, got distracted, started again...you get the picture.

Sounds like you feel this time is different, and I would agree.

Welcome to the forum.

RCV

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Jul 4, 2017
Hawaii
You have lots of writing experience man.

I highly recommend the book Key Person of Influence.

Salamat Chris.

Sometimes death can open our eyes to the brevity of life, and that it shouldn't be lived in a 10 x 10 cubicle 5 days a week.

So sorry to hear about your Dad and your brother. Sad.

Sounds like you feel this time is different, and I would agree.

Welcome to the forum.

So true brother.

Thank you for writing such an eye-opening book and for creating this community.

I'm looking forward to diving in to the content here and learning more from everyone.

RCV

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Jul 4, 2017
Hawaii
Maraming Salamat guys...

Sorry, but the extent of my Tagalog is limited...

:clench:

I need to learn more.

Hey, maybe there's a niche for that! Lol.

RCV

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Jul 4, 2017
Hawaii
I still can't believe Pac Man got robbed...

I called someone a liar when they told me that he lost.

jmo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 9, 2018
Good to see there are kababayans out here. :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics