The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Like to post a video from your YouTube channel? Want to promote your design service? Recommend a company? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote whatever you'd like within the realm of entrepreneurship on one central thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

INTRO Tired of my job!

collin_e

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 12, 2018
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Hello, My name is Collin and I'm 20. I've read the Fastlane and Unscripted. The Fastlane change the way I perceive the way people have the wealth that they do. My father owns a Salvage yard and we also have a repair shop. I'm currently a mechanic and I'm very proficient at it, but it's not a job I ever wanted. We needed a mechanic and 4 years later, I'm still there.

I began looking at going to college and get a high paying job, the slowlane dream, but I knew my dad would disown me lol. But I didn't care, I wasn't living on $16/hour. My father isn't wealthy but he's not broke so I knew that ok money wasn't in my future without serious time 10+ years.

So after some searching, I stumbled across the Millionaire Fastlane, and after the first 10 pages, I was hooked. It completely changed my mindset and lead me to where I am now. I've started a website in the auto repair industry, and I need some help on selling it. I don't have very much knowledge to give back, but I know I will in the near future! Thank you!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Fastlane Liam

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Our jobs may suck,

However its a perfect source of income to fund fastlane ventures
Its a consistent flow of income with which I can release a new product every month, guaranteed
Its also not really that much time: 40 hours a week leaves you with plenty for business
I have gratitude towards the company for allowing me the opportunity to earn money which can be used for anything - food, housing and fastlane

Sure its not a long term plan by any means, but still have gratitude and realise the amount of potential it gives you.

kelvinfernandezm

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 26, 2016
Fort Worth, Texas
What kind of website did you start? You already have a good business going on with your dad. The only way you can improve it is by scaling it. Try selling the parts online.

OP
OP
collin_e

collin_e

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 12, 2018
What kind of website did you start? You already have a good business going on with your dad. The only way you can improve it is by scaling it. Try selling the parts online.
There’s no good way to find a repair shop, especially if you’ve just moved to a new town or are just traveling. So I solved that
My father is not open to ideas, and doesn’t care what I say. He’s a very difficult person to work with let alone try and talk business too. But that is for an entire different thread lol

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
So how did you solve it? When we were driving through Hattiesburg, Mississippi and needed help.... how would I have found you?

OP
OP
collin_e

collin_e

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 12, 2018
So how did you solve it? When we were driving through Hattiesburg, Mississippi and needed help.... how would I have found you?
You can search for the repair you needed, and your vehicle make. A filter results will show you shops that work on your car with the service you need. Highest tier package shops will show a banner that tells you they specialize in your car; say Ford. I plan to advertise heavily via Facebook and Google AdWords. Searching “Auto repair” would bring the site up. To start off with, I want to start local obviously, and expand from there. The limit really would be the nation, but that’s an incredible under taking, as I only have 1 hour of free time durning working business hours; well for EST time business

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
So how will you make people do a search for those things? It was 4:40pm on a Friday, I quickly did a google search for Honda dealers near me. See, I wouldn't have known to type in the repair needed and the make of my vehicle. So what is the solution to that problem?

OP
OP
collin_e

collin_e

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 12, 2018
So how will you make people do a search for those things?...... I wouldn't have known to type in the repair needed and the make of my vehicle. So what is the solution to that problem?[/
I’m confused on what your asking? The home page is similar to yelp, or Airbnb

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Welcome Colin, thank you for joining us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom