The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Time to stop lurking on the forum and introduce myself!

df1992

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
May 26, 2020
London
Hey everyone,

I'm David, 27 from London. I've always had a deep desire to start my own business but after reading the MLF it really gave me the kick up the a$$ I needed (thanks @MJ DeMarco !) . I've been lurking on the forums for a while but I thought it was time to get stuck in, so hi!

I've dabbled in business, I used to run music events when I was younger and recently developed a silly novelty toy which I managed to sell 1100 units off to a nationwide retailer. I got the toy designed, had it manufactured in China and had fun trying to sell it. Really the toy was just a stupid idea to get me "doing", so far I've even managed to make some profit on it which is amazing as it's taught me a really valuable lesson of reducing my "fear factor".

I am eager to get stuck into a proper business venture following the rules of CENTS and to jump to the fastlane, I just get paralysed at ideation stage (both in coming up with ideas and being confident enough in them to put my time and energy into it). Hopefully the vast wealth of info and experience on this forum will help me overcome both these issues.

Pleasure to meet you all!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Hey everyone,

I'm David, 27 from London. I've always had a deep desire to start my own business but after reading the MLF it really gave me the kick up the a$$ I needed (thanks @MJ DeMarco !) . I've been lurking on the forums for a while but I thought it was time to get stuck in, so hi!

I've dabbled in business, I used to run music events when I was younger and recently developed a silly novelty toy which I managed to sell 1100 units off to a nationwide retailer. I got the toy designed, had it manufactured in China and had fun trying to sell it. Really the toy was just a stupid idea to get me "doing", so far I've even managed to make some profit on it which is amazing as it's taught me a really valuable lesson of reducing my "fear factor".

I am eager to get stuck into a proper business venture following the rules of CENTS and to jump to the fastlane, I just get paralysed at ideation stage (both in coming up with ideas and being confident enough in them to put my time and energy into it). Hopefully the vast wealth of info and experience on this forum will help me overcome both these issues.

Welcome!

Based on your very impressive accomplishments to date, you'll go far.

I'd love to see you write an execution thread for your toy concept.

Look forward to your posts!

Gentlegiant

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 25, 2020
Canada
I think an execution thread would be cool too, I've never seen someone who's first buisness involves manufacturing a whole new product in china and selling it through a retailer, it's pretty impressive!

Welcome to the forum :)

jmin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
May 30, 2020
United Kingdom
Hey everyone,

Hey David!

Your story sounds pretty similar to mine, except I'm 22 and haven't gotten to creating a product yet! Good effort there mate.

Do you have a 'day job'?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

df1992

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
May 26, 2020
London
Hey David!

Your story sounds pretty similar to mine, except I'm 22 and haven't gotten to creating a product yet! Good effort there mate.

Do you have a 'day job'?

Thanks mate! I do indeed, I work for a large media company in marketing and to be honest, I quite enjoy it and try to learn as much as I can from it. I think I'm ready to step away from the corporate world but only when I feel I've created something of value that I believe can work... still a long way to go for that!!

df1992

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
May 26, 2020
London
Welcome!

Based on your very impressive accomplishments to date, you'll go far.

I'd love to see you write an execution thread for your toy concept.

Look forward to your posts!

Thank you! :) sure - I'd love to share my experience!

I think an execution thread would be cool too, I've never seen someone who's first buisness involves manufacturing a whole new product in china and selling it through a retailer, it's pretty impressive!

Welcome to the forum :)

It wasn't quite a brand new product, rather a new design of something existing and switching the target audience of what it's typically for... I'll start an execution thread and share it :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...