Firstly, thanks to MJ and the community for having me.
I'm an early 30's Aussie with fairly simple values - I want to provide the best possible life I can for my wife and future family. Yes, I want the nice things, but ultimately I want to provide a safe, warm home for my family with food on the table.
A few years ago I read "How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World" by Harry Browne. It changed a lot for me - at the time my wife and I were trying to figure out what country we wanted to live in, but it also opened the door to the possibility that my safe, lazy government job maybe wasn't all life was meant to be (my life isn't meant to be comfortable)!
Fast forward to today, I have built a successful digital marketing business which isn't particularly fastlane, but is location independent. I earn more than I did working for the government, I have clients in differing industries in differing countries and earn 3 different currencies. I'm fairly diversified and that helps me sleep at night. Though this will never be a truly fastlane business, using automation and outsourcing some of the work I am working to reduce the time I need to spend to generate this income.
We just relocated to a low tax country with a very reasonable cost of living. It's safer than Australia, has faster internet, great education (great place to raise kids!) but I need to learn a new language (I have always wanted to anyway).
It's been a very busy but very rewarding few years. This last 6 months however, I have felt a calling to begin developing my own products to sell B2C. I've dabbled in some private labelling FBA but it seems clear that this is only a short term income stream. In the second half of 2016 I plan to focus on building a component brand for the cycling industry - I know I have a lot to learn however.
I'll leave it there, just wanted to say thanks again for having me, I look forwards to learning from you all and contributing however I can.
I'm an early 30's Aussie with fairly simple values - I want to provide the best possible life I can for my wife and future family. Yes, I want the nice things, but ultimately I want to provide a safe, warm home for my family with food on the table.
A few years ago I read "How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World" by Harry Browne. It changed a lot for me - at the time my wife and I were trying to figure out what country we wanted to live in, but it also opened the door to the possibility that my safe, lazy government job maybe wasn't all life was meant to be (my life isn't meant to be comfortable)!
Fast forward to today, I have built a successful digital marketing business which isn't particularly fastlane, but is location independent. I earn more than I did working for the government, I have clients in differing industries in differing countries and earn 3 different currencies. I'm fairly diversified and that helps me sleep at night. Though this will never be a truly fastlane business, using automation and outsourcing some of the work I am working to reduce the time I need to spend to generate this income.
We just relocated to a low tax country with a very reasonable cost of living. It's safer than Australia, has faster internet, great education (great place to raise kids!) but I need to learn a new language (I have always wanted to anyway).
It's been a very busy but very rewarding few years. This last 6 months however, I have felt a calling to begin developing my own products to sell B2C. I've dabbled in some private labelling FBA but it seems clear that this is only a short term income stream. In the second half of 2016 I plan to focus on building a component brand for the cycling industry - I know I have a lot to learn however.
I'll leave it there, just wanted to say thanks again for having me, I look forwards to learning from you all and contributing however I can.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
