The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Time + money + freedom + similar friends = fun

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I’m growing my business and I am looking at the long term. I’m 22 and all of my friends are working cruddy jobs, going to school, or both.

I’m looking for other business owners and entrepreneurs around my age who want to do something with their newfound freedom and income.

I want to try out creating a brand, traveling and doing badass stuff and creating content around it with other people with similar mindsets and interests as me.

I’ve got no real idea how it would actually work. I just do stuff right when I think of it and figure it out as I go along.

A little about me:

I live 30 minutes south of Seattle and own a lawn care company that’s about to be a year old. It’s doing pretty well and it looks like we could be hitting over 100k in revenue. If I do the work then it’s all in my pocket. If my employees do everything it’ll be 50k or so in my pocket.

My friends are busy, not as risk tolerant, and spend their time differently than I like to. I did climb Mt. Rainier with one of my friends a couple years ago but nothing since then.

I like risk, speed, and somewhat dangerous things.

My idea is that I’m not the only guy on here in his 20’s that is tired of being around people with 9-5’s that think “fun” is going to a concert and getting drunk every Friday. My idea of fun is skydiving, homemade fireworks, getting launched into a lake on an inner tube attached to a rope wrapped around a car rim that winds it up and launches you at 50mph, cliff jumping, and stuff like that.

What I’m hoping will happen:

I hope some people who are on the same page will say “hell yeah bro that sounds awesome” and we can exchange information. From there, it would make sense to start small and just meetup and go from there.

Ideally it would turn into a brand where there’s a group of us traveling around and doing cool stuff, filming it and enjoying life. I get bored so easily and I’ve been starting businesses, volunteering, all because I feel like I’m suffocating if I’m not always moving forward. I don’t even like volunteering and I’ve got no passion for those side businesses. I’d much rather just do cool stuff with other entrepreneurs.

It probably sounds like a crazy dream but I think it could be a very practical way to enjoy the time and freedom that comes along with growing a business.

I don’t expect it to happen overnight. I’m in no rush. This is just something I’d like to do for fun and thoroughly enjoy my 20’s WHILE growing a business that’ll feed me for the rest of my life. It could turn into something as soon as next weekend, or not until later this year. I’m not going to hurry anything. I just wanted to bounce the idea off of some of you and see if anyone would want to talk about it more. Is it something you’ve thought about too?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
I’m growing my business and I am looking at the long term. I’m 22 and all of my friends are working cruddy jobs, going to school, or both.

I’m looking for other business owners and entrepreneurs around my age who want to do something with their newfound freedom and income.

I want to try out creating a brand, traveling and doing badass stuff and creating content around it with other people with similar mindsets and interests as me.

I’ve got no real idea how it would actually work. I just do stuff right when I think of it and figure it out as I go along.

A little about me:

I live 30 minutes south of Seattle and own a lawn care company that’s about to be a year old. It’s doing pretty well and it looks like we could be hitting over 100k in revenue. If I do the work then it’s all in my pocket. If my employees do everything it’ll be 50k or so in my pocket.

My friends are busy, not as risk tolerant, and spend their time differently than I like to. I did climb Mt. Rainier with one of my friends a couple years ago but nothing since then.

I like risk, speed, and somewhat dangerous things.

My idea is that I’m not the only guy on here in his 20’s that is tired of being around people with 9-5’s that think “fun” is going to a concert and getting drunk every Friday. My idea of fun is skydiving, homemade fireworks, getting launched into a lake on an inner tube attached to a rope wrapped around a car rim that winds it up and launches you at 50mph, cliff jumping, and stuff like that.

What I’m hoping will happen:

I hope some people who are on the same page will say “hell yeah bro that sounds awesome” and we can exchange information. From there, it would make sense to start small and just meetup and go from there.

Ideally it would turn into a brand where there’s a group of us traveling around and doing cool stuff, filming it and enjoying life. I get bored so easily and I’ve been starting businesses, volunteering, all because I feel like I’m suffocating if I’m not always moving forward. I don’t even like volunteering and I’ve got no passion for those side businesses. I’d much rather just do cool stuff with other entrepreneurs.

It probably sounds like a crazy dream but I think it could be a very practical way to enjoy the time and freedom that comes along with growing a business.

I don’t expect it to happen overnight. I’m in no rush. This is just something I’d like to do for fun and thoroughly enjoy my 20’s WHILE growing a business that’ll feed me for the rest of my life. It could turn into something as soon as next weekend, or not until later this year. I’m not going to hurry anything. I just wanted to bounce the idea off of some of you and see if anyone would want to talk about it more. Is it something you’ve thought about too?
I swear to god I was about to make a thread like this. I’m all up for adventure, changing the world, and having fun in the process. Let’s go!!!

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
I swear to god I was about to make a thread like this. I’m all up for adventure, changing the world, and having fun in the process. Let’s go!!!
My legit goal is to have a mansion in la and throw absolute bangers where cool people can meet and network. That’s the dream. So stoked for the future and what it will bring.
Spend time with those that are moving forward. Your either reaching for your dreams or you gave up. No either or. It’s either up or down. Hanging out with those with no dreams will make you fall “asleep” as their hobbies include watching tv and drinking beer. Hang out with those that force you to WAKE up and make you feel uncomfortable

Vasil Benkov

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 24, 2019
Bulgaria
It's really inspiring for me to see that there are guys in their 20's who are growing their bussiness and enjoying life to the fullest. I think having fun for most people around this age is just being drunk or high or whatever to forget about responsibilities and do stupid stuff. IMHO exploring new places, traveling around the world, doing adrenaline raising things like cliff jumping, rock climbing, going down the mountain with a bike, riding ATV in the wild and other activites like this are feeding your spirit to live. I realized i want to be doing the really exciting stuff in life rather than just drink every friday so i don't have to think about the next monday. Currently i'm trying to get my first bussiness off the ground and working 9 to 5 and i'm not really having the time to do the mentioned above. I'm looking forward for the day that i have more freedom to operate on my own and do the things that excite me!

Anyway if you happen to be in Bulgaria or other Eastern Europe country i will be glad to meet you!

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I'm in a 9 - 5, trying to get unscripted . What you just said is what I've always thought about. Meeting other like-minded people. I have trouble talking with others because all they do is talk about the latest gossip, live for the weekend, and get drunk on Friday's... calling that LIFE.

Let's talk more when we meetup! I just happened to find this thread and have to comment on it because I sincerely agree with you with everything you mentioned. It's the type of life I want as well.

eTox

Expect success, but prepare to fail.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
Turned 24 here not long ago. I'm not in a 9-5 but also not on the fastlane. Stuck in between. Currently working on something.

It's nice to see other young guys on the forum like me :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.