- Joined
- Jun 3, 2015
- Messages
- 2,386
Rep Bank
$3,270
$3,270
User Power: 163%
- I just wanted to do a quick post on staying productive whilst doing a 9-5 job, as I know lots of people who read this are trying to bust out of the slow-lane but still have a job, so here goes.
Mornings - Nothing special here really, I get up at 5 a.m. meditate and exercise and generally wake up in about 30 mins. Then 2 hours of fast lane activity.
Evenings - I used to just jump straight into it at the first opportunity, but I've since found that an hour of mindless TV allows me to wind down from my job and gives my eyes a break from looking at a computer screen.
After TV start at 8 p.m. and finish at 11 then a Family Guy episode/American Dad episode before bed.
Saturdays - Hard because I have a girlfriend and child, so I make sure to arrange 2 Saturdays out of 4 when they are out doing their thing and I get a solid 8 hours of fast lane activity. From around Midday till 6 and then a couple of hours between 8 and 10 (this allows me 2 hours of family time).
On the two Saturdays when I am on Daddy/family duty I will get 3 hours in when I can, depending on what we've done in the day.
Sundays I will do three hours so as to get family time, usually, 6-9 p.m. or 7-10 p.m. and then set goals for the week and finish up on some mindless TV and/or couple time.
All this gives me 36 hours of fast lane activity per week, I will usually do this for about 4-5 weeks at a time, giving me 180 hours per month. I'll then take a 2 week "rest" where I am only doing the week days and leaving the weekends free.
All this means that my indentured time is 200 hours per month and my fast lane time is 180, which isn't bad, but like I said; I can't do this all the time as physically it's very demanding and my relationship would suffer badly, but it's better than just burning that time doing nothing.
I'd be interested to hear from others in my situation, any little time making tips are most welcome.
PS This post has eaten 24 minutes into my evening schedule, argh! So no Family Guy or half an hour less sleep tonight. Thanks FLF
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
