The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Three ideas - one will be executed

Idea threads

dkt91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 15, 2008
Lima, Peru
The process has not come to an end yet but I am most likely to dump my website development and online marketing company for good. It has given me some awesome 1.5 years in regards to acquiring valuable knowledge and experience. But I have a very strong feeling that it is time to move on.

I have come up with three different ideas during the last weeks. Despite knowing that it is less about the ideas than about their execution I would like to post my ideas and let you asses them. Because if I am going to execute anyway - why not go with the best idea? Furthermore maybe you can just come up with some thoughts that might also be helpful during the process of execution.

Prior to reading on, please sign a NDA... or well... just kidding actually :smx1:

#1 Acquire new, awesome skills - online and packaged for success

Concept:

The idea is that I find experts in certain areas - for example cooking, photography, SEO, dancing, picking up girls, fitness, stop smoking etc. or any other skill that has enough people who are interested in learning it. All the skills are exclusively taught by experts of their respective field.

The process of teaching is supposed to be a guided process from a defined starting position (for example "not knowing the difference between a spoon and a fork" to a defined end goal, for example "being able to cook a basic meal consisting of three courses"). Every day of learning consists of several elements. The first one is the theoretical knowledge required, the second one is doing a specific task related to the theoretical knowledge and the third one is discussing the task with the community, comparing results, etc.
The teaching process does not have to be linear. At the end of the day people can choose how satisfied they are with the result they have achieved and depending on that they may have to do the taks again but with some additional knowledge or they can move straight on.

Call it automatized mentoring with community elements for a reasonable price. Advisable for everyone interested in educating themselves!

Filled needs/delivered values:

• The need for affordable, high quality education
  • The need for having somebody hold your hand and guide you
  • The need for having someone break down events into processes

Obstacles (long term):

• Probably hard(er) to turn into an international business as long as I don't want to give all of my experts sub-titles if they use videos.

#2 Finding the webdesign company that really fits you and compare them with their competitors based on objective criteria

Concept:

Launching a "rating agency" that compares webdesign companies by different criteria in order to make the process of comparing them much easier for potential webdesign clients. Agencies are rated by professional, independent webdesigners as well as their former clients and other agencies or freelancers.

Every person interested in working with a webdesign agency can fill out a form. According to their entered requirements they are automatically assigned the right providers from a worldwide pool. Providers that go below a certain rating are eliminated from the databse.

The contact information of potential clients is sold to webdesign companies as "qualified leads".

• The need of being able to compare webdesign providers with the help of objective criteria mostly not visible for people unexperienced in creating successful websites
  • The need of delivering more targeted leads (for both - client and provider) as it is happening at the moment (I know what I am talking about, I was in this business for some time)
  • Weeping out weak providers that do nothing but scam their clueless clients
Obstacles (long term):

• Powerful competition (at least when it comes to the "qualified leads" part)
  • Rating all the webdesign agencies will either be very time-intensive for myself or will require some rather extensive use of human resources

#3 Tired of searching the internet for an apartment or hotel at the destination of your choice? This service is going to help you!

Let us assume you are in city A and it is late evening when you receive a call that you have to be in city B for a meeting with a business partner tomorrow. Or you and your family just decided that you wanna spend your next weekend in another state.

What you could do is to search for free apartments and hotels online now. However, this can be a very tiresome process since the existing directories are not always too clear and most of them do not contain opportunities like vacation apartments at all or you have to contact the apartment owners yourself, doing expensive international calls only to find out that there are no free rooms for you (at least that's the way it is in Europe. I experienced this when I was looking for a suitable vacation apartment in Croatia last summer).

This service makes things easier for you - you simply fill out a form and a few hours later you will be contacted by hotels or apartments owners who still have a free room and meet all of your criteria.

• Finding a place to stay in another city, state or country that meets all of your criteria - quick and easy
  • For hotels and apartment owners this is a way of doing marketing with a high ROI and minimal risk
Obstacles (long term):

• Powerful competition
  • Getting together a complete list of hotels and apartments for every city on this planet and getting them to sign up for my service

I am looking forward very much to hearing some opinions. It is my goal to have decided until next week (same day of the week) which of the ideas I am going to execute.

Thanks in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
Although all three ideas are interesting, I like #2 and #3 the most. The web design rating company is a great idea. I think there are alot of "sketchy" web designers who have similar traits as alot of housing contractors. This type of site will allow potential customers to weed through the good and the bad. And as an owner of a web design company yourself you obviously know the difficulty many people have with finding a designer.

The only problem I have with #2 that I don't have with #3 is the revenue plan. With #3, you can generate income from selling leads to the hotels who contract your services. But with the web design rating company, would income generation be based on advertising? #2 seems to have a more concrete way to make money.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.