The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thoughts on Trends.co?

Goldfels

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Oct 29, 2020
I recently got an ad for the Trends.co service. It apparently takes a lot of work out of the entrepreneurial process when it comes to looking for ideas/"product-market fit" and allows you to network with other entrepreneurs.

I'm curious what others on this forum think of this service. I would agree that networking with other entrepreneurs is a good idea, but at the sacrifice of an opaque subscription service (the ad said $299 per year?), and a lack of entry (lots of competition from proposed ideas), I'm surprised anyone would use this service.

Personally, I would use it as a chance to network if they lowered the price. Their whole idea of finding trends doesn't appeal to me because I like looking for problems I can solve, instead of having it given to me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

roguehillbilly

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Feb 3, 2017
USA
I subscribe to this and I love it. I use the community more than trends.co (the trends analysis piece). Not sure how $299 is opaque, seems pretty clear to me. If I go to the analysis part, I don't really think there's a lot of competition...the latest items I see on their signals section is related to Bardominiums, Fossils, Post-Workout Beers, Glass blowing, microfishing and a ton of other really niche stuff.

Doubt they will lower the price, founder Sam Parr talks often about raising prices. This is probably as good as it will get.

Networking is totally worth $300 a year to me. I've shared my experiences, met other cool people and set up zoom meetings with them. I even found a SaaS product "off-market" in the group that I nearly acquired. Entry price keeps spammers and low-quality entrepreneurs out. There's a ton of people who are action-takers and successful, unlike any other group I've been in. Not just social media guru spam, but people in really interesting industries as well as high profile people as well ( the former COO of 1800GOTJUNK dropped by for an AMA once). In addition, they have zoom office hours you can attend and ask questions to the hosts. Totally worth it.

Dropping my ref link, hope that's alright. Remove the ref on the end if you'd prefer not to use it:

D

Deleted78083

Are there the ones part of the hustle? I am subscribed to the free version of whether trends.vc or trends.co. I also have expoding topics, but the free version is lame and i find the paid version too expensive for what it is.

Could consider trends.co in the future though.....

roguehillbilly

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Feb 3, 2017
USA
Are there the ones part of the hustle? I am subscribed to the free version of whether trends.vc or trends.co. I also have expoding topics, but the free version is lame and i find the paid version too expensive for what it is.

Could consider trends.co in the future though.....
Same as the hustle. (recently acquired by hubspot) My First Million podcast is pretty awesome too.

Goldfels

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Oct 29, 2020
Not sure how $299 is opaque, seems pretty clear to me.
Maybe opaque isn't the right word. I only saw one ad for it on mobile YT. After I checked out the site (and forgot the actual price.) it only talks about Trends being $1 for the first week and nothing else about any other pricing, even as I go through the process of buying it. Glad to know it's only $299/yr if I wanted to pull the trigger.

SammyGlick

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Dec 15, 2017
London
Doubt they will lower the price, founder Sam Parr talks often about raising prices. This is probably as good as it will get.

They had consistently threatened to raise prices, although in a recent post announcing the acquisition by HubSpot, Sam did mention that they would not raise prices further and might even lower them. However, my instinct is that if they do lower prices, they will find a way to pass this on to existing customers. In my opinion, the community is where the real value lies and I doubt they would want to risk annoying their loyal users.

My experience of Trends.co has been really positive. There are a lot of experienced entrepreneurs who are willing to share their knowledge. The paywall also keeps the signal to noise ratio very high. I've made some good connections through the community and it has also served as a very efficient means of discovering new tools and processes for improving my business. I think it's well worth the money.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
You could sign up to the free version of their newsletter The Hustle to get a feel for it.

Check out their podcast too “my first million”.

I subscribe to trends and the Facebook group is all I really look at and I think there’s enough value just in there to be worth the price, like others said, lots of real entrepreneurs in there doing all sorts of shit, not newbies who just bought some gurus ecom course and joined his facebook group and asking stupid questions in it.

People start businesses based on their signals all the time and share them in the group. The signals are massive industry shifts so plenty of room for competition. Think like mushrooms for health which was one. That’s a massive market. Like I said I don’t even really read the emails so I can’t offer any more examples.

Dirtymaco

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 7, 2021
They had consistently threatened to raise prices, although in a recent post announcing the acquisition by HubSpot, Sam did mention that they would not raise prices further and might even lower them. However, my instinct is that if they do lower prices, they will find a way to pass this on to existing customers. In my opinion, the community is where the real value lies and I doubt they would want to risk annoying their loyal users.

My experience of Trends.co has been really positive. There are a lot of experienced entrepreneurs who are willing to share their knowledge. The paywall also keeps the signal to noise ratio very high. I've made some good connections through the community and it has also served as a very efficient means of discovering new tools and processes for improving my business. I think it's well worth the money.
would u say its worth for someone who is not in business yet and is actively looking to start a business? or is 300$ just not worth it right at the beginning?

SammyGlick

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Dec 15, 2017
London
would u say its worth for someone who is not in business yet and is actively looking to start a business? or is 300$ just not worth it right at the beginning?
I think the community is definitely still useful for someone getting started - there are people at all stages of their entrepreneurial careers.

Whether it's worth $300 to you specifically is a question I'm not sure I can answer. If you are starting a business there are a lot of good ways you could invest your next $300. For example an INSIDERS membership here would be a great investment (significantly less than $300/year too).

My opinion is that in general, there are few better investments you can make than in your network and in your knowledge of market opportunities. This is why I'm happy to spend $300 on my Trends.co membership.

swerving2sucess

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Mar 6, 2021
I subscribe to this and I love it. I use the community more than trends.co (the trends analysis piece). Not sure how $299 is opaque, seems pretty clear to me. If I go to the analysis part, I don't really think there's a lot of competition...the latest items I see on their signals section is related to Bardominiums, Fossils, Post-Workout Beers, Glass blowing, microfishing and a ton of other really niche stuff.

Networking is totally worth $300 a year to me. I've shared my experiences, met other cool people and set up zoom meetings with them. I even found a SaaS product "off-market" in the group that I nearly acquired. Entry price keeps spammers and low-quality entrepreneurs out. There's a ton of people who are action-takers and successful, unlike any other group I've been in. Not just social media guru spam, but people in really interesting industries as well as high profile people as well ( the former COO of 1800GOTJUNK dropped by for an AMA once). In addition, they have zoom office hours you can attend and ask questions to the hosts. Totally worth it.

Dropping my ref link, hope that's alright. Remove the ref on the end if you'd prefer not to use it:
You are 100% right. For good or bad, it is an undeniable fact that trends.co won't lower its prices.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.