I read some negative things about it on here and was a bit confused. I started reading a book on it and managed to apply the knowledge to better control and redirect my (negative) emotions. For example, I was scared to shit for a piano performance (200+ people) and applied a technique (which I think was also called "cognitive distancing"?) and slayed it.
I can see the argument "You become content with your current situation" and "You'll remove your source of change: fear/hate/anger", but I think that's the extreme end of the spectrum (aka that one hippie guy that meditates for 7 hours a day and smokes pot).
Even a Stoic would realise that he'd need to work hard/get rich to raise his child properly and live in accordance to his values (if that were one of his values/morals).
Although that was just my thoughts. Am Interested to hear your opinions!
I can see the argument "You become content with your current situation" and "You'll remove your source of change: fear/hate/anger", but I think that's the extreme end of the spectrum (aka that one hippie guy that meditates for 7 hours a day and smokes pot).
Even a Stoic would realise that he'd need to work hard/get rich to raise his child properly and live in accordance to his values (if that were one of his values/morals).
Although that was just my thoughts. Am Interested to hear your opinions!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
