The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thoughts on Private Equity?

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

jwharton333

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 23, 2022
Hey guys,

Tried finding any threads on this, but nothing really popped up.

I've got two businesses started. And barely started at that. LLCs formed, a few thousand seeded from my own accounts, and a basic website. Just announced my changes on LinkedIn, and I had a Private Equity firm hit me up the next day, asking to meet and see if they could invest.

What are your experiences with PE firms, if any? What should I expect, and what to avoid?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

roguehillbilly

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Feb 3, 2017
USA
Taking investment money isn't necessarily bad or good, just depends on your goals and if it's a fit.

That said, taking on investor money means you likely lose control of your company and dilute ownership. They'll likely want an exit so they get a return on their investment. Not always, there are PE Firms that are paid their dues back from cashflow etc.

That said, if you have barely started your companies as you said and have no traction, growth, customers, etc, I don't think you are probably ready to even think about it. What would you do with the money? I'd only take it if you have a clear way to use it and can't self-fund.

DYOR I know nothing

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.