The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This man makes $200K a year in passive income yearly at 33. Is his approach Fastlane?

FastLaner007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Jan 28, 2014
Your thoughts on his story from being in slowlane to now being financially free? Would you guys call him financially free?

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If the stock market crashes 50% and we hit a recession, is he still financially free? Probably not.

Swapping your dependence from a JOB to WALL STREET doesn't create financial independence.

It's just changing your master.

In looking at his financial profile, looks like 50% of his income comes NOT from sources not pegged to the stock market. IMO, that's not enough but it's an awesome start -- optimally I prefer to have sources attributed to the markets be less than 20%, better, 10%. The other sources of income is the "Fastlane" element of it.

And look, now that the mainstream media has hitched on this "save until it hurts" narrative and invest with Wall Street, you can bet his general income will rise, but not from the stock market, but from his business activities and the thousands (or millions) in free publicity which supports this financial orthodoxy.

Once again, sell Slowlane, get richer Fastlane.

From the article...

5b7434958ea82faf108b4ca0-1136-801.jpg

On a similar note, this is a great example of the wealth equation example I highlighted ...

Keep building your equation and you will keep building wealth. He's created multiple variables, many which can be manipulated.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85xMGoHAcJQ

FastLaner007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Jan 28, 2014
If the stock market crashes 50% and we hit a recession, is he still financially free? Probably not.

Swapping your dependence from a JOB to WALL STREET doesn't create financial independence.

It's just changing your master.

In looking at his financial profile, looks like 50% of his income comes NOT from sources not pegged to the stock market. IMO, that's not enough but it's an awesome start -- optimally I prefer to have sources attributed to the markets be less than 20%, better, 10%. The other sources of income is the "Fastlane" element of it.

And look, now that the mainstream media has hitched on this "save until it hurts" narrative and invest with Wall Street, you can bet his general income will rise, but not from the stock market, but from his business activities and the thousands (or millions) in free publicity which supports this financial orthodoxy.

Once again, sell Slowlane, get richer Fastlane.

From the article...

5b7434958ea82faf108b4ca0-1136-801.jpg

On a similar note, this is a great example of the wealth equation example I highlighted ...

Keep building your equation and you will keep building wealth. He's created multiple variables, many which can be manipulated.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85xMGoHAcJQ

Thanks for the reply, MJ. I learnt from your book that tying up wealth in stock market isn't a good idea. But you advised in UnScripted to invest in dividend paying stocks. Aren't your recommending stock market investing there?

Thanks, Sir.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Aren't your recommending stock market investing there?

Yes, but not 100% of your net worth, much less 50% of it. Dividend stocks are a reliable income stream that should be a part of your paycheck pot. It's one variable among many.

This guy is definitely on the right track, especially seeing he's now diversified into entrepreneurial pursuits that have Fastlane mathematics.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Greg Behnke

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
May 22, 2012
Scottsdale Arizona
Imagine if the guy lived anywhere but SF. His lifestyle burn rate would be significantly less almost anywhere else.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.