The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is the shortcut to success

Roland

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 24, 2013
UK
Today I read an article written by an entrepreneur about her journey. She called it: "The truth nobody tells you about entrepreneurship".
Beside all the things we have already seen/read/heard many times everywhere including on this forum, she said something that I found quite interesting. She compared any new company to a baby. Basically, would you ask a 2 month old to walk like a 2 year old? Or would you ask this same 2 year old to behave as if he was 8? Obviously not, so why are people expecting their companies or projects to do so?

There is one shortcut to success and it is to understand that there is none. The sooner we will understand that, the sooner we will stop jumping from idea to idea and focus on one until it starts walking by itself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DrunkFish

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Mar 25, 2015
Missouri
Dat clickbait.

But yes, if you don't understand that a good business will take time to grow and you try to rush it, well you will find out it isn't going to work like that simply haha. You learn something new everyday, and so should your business.

Motley crue

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 28, 2015
Portland, ME
If i may add another point of view, while i do agree with the sentiment you posted, at some point you have to through the business or child out of the nest and say "time to fly", look at Sam Walton for example. He started walmart in 1962. Let's assume one store is the equivalent to one year, a 53 year old company is being treated, and handling the "maturity level" if you will, of an 11,500 year old, and doing incredibly successful. I guess what I'm trying to say is once your company is off the ground and doing well, it's to take the next big leap. in the words of another user on this forum (whose name escapes me, I apologize) if everything seems under control, you're going too slow (or something to that extent).

Roland

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 24, 2013
UK
If i may add another point of view, while i do agree with the sentiment you posted, at some point you have to through the business or child out of the nest and say "time to fly", look at Sam Walton for example. He started walmart in 1962. Let's assume one store is the equivalent to one year, a 53 year old company is being treated, and handling the "maturity level" if you will, of an 11,500 year old, and doing incredibly successful. I guess what I'm trying to say is once your company is off the ground and doing well, it's to take the next big leap. in the words of another user on this forum (whose name escapes me, I apologize) if everything seems under control, you're going too slow (or something to that extent).
And how did that work out for you? Do you have the new Walmart?
While some businesses might have an exceptionnal growth from the beginning, they are the exception to the rule. Chances are that you will get successful quicker by starting small and grow than by waiting for the big shot...

sergii.vlz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 13, 2015
I am new but I think best way to sucess fast is to see big companies for example if you own a quick food of hamburgers you should try to see what McDonald's do. You can use your own method but you can get many things from them to do it better and to achieve a faster growth

Enviado desde mi SM-N910C mediante Tapatalk

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Hmm...yes all those Secrets, 30-Day, and Be a Millionaire in A Week headlines usually mean no short cut after all. lol Perhaps there is where your myth comes from. :)

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
If you think there is a short cut you've not done enough research.
MJ, Mark Zuckerberg, Sam Walton, Henry Ford worked an incredible amount of hours at the beginning/first few years then repeaed what they had benefits after kindergarten. Its true that saying "Today I will do what others Wont, So tomorrow I can do what others cant"

Ankerstein17

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Mar 22, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Today I read an article written by an entrepreneur about her journey. She called it: "The truth nobody tells you about entrepreneurship".
Beside all the things we have already seen/read/heard many times everywhere including on this forum, she said something that I found quite interesting. She compared any new company to a baby. Basically, would you ask a 2 month old to walk like a 2 year old? Or would you ask this same 2 year old to behave as if he was 8? Obviously not, so why are people expecting their companies or projects to do so?

There is one shortcut to success and it is to understand that there is none. The sooner we will understand that, the sooner we will stop jumping from idea to idea and focus on one until it starts walking by itself.

The way I look at things is that every thing is a learning experience. It's like when you were five years old and your parents told you not to touch the stove..... But because you did not learn for yourself and listen to what they said, do you touch the stove and get burned. That this comparison is much the same in that, people have this expectation their business will thrive immediately when first launching. Entrepreneurs then get burned and realize that success does not come over night. That its going to take work, and everything you got to be succesful.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.