In college with my social work degree it was programmed in me to be confidential and keep my personal life out of my professional life.
Now that I'm starting my business it's the total opposite, I read stuff, listen to stuff, and people share their experiences on Ted Talk, etc. with their products. So before I go on You Tube and Spreaker, or Talk Blog radio what is it that I should say and not say.
The other is other people in my life didn't sign up for this, so they're not going to be happy with me sharing my experience. So regardless of the situation I try to take that into consideration because this doesn't just effect me, but everyone I know.
Which is why I don't say much about my past history. For me I don't need the story. I don't really care about it at this point. It's irrelevant at this place in time.
When someone does want you to elaborate, than they throw the victim mentality, lol, and yay, I've been over that and been done with that since 2011, but they wanted to hear the story. So don't ask, and than you won't see me as being a victim.
If I leave it out, people think I don't understand where they're coming from when I try to help them, and really it's about them anyway, not me. So, I try to make it about them.
When I do share something, they say oh! lol
So, how do you find a healthy balance, but still be effective.
Now that I'm starting my business it's the total opposite, I read stuff, listen to stuff, and people share their experiences on Ted Talk, etc. with their products. So before I go on You Tube and Spreaker, or Talk Blog radio what is it that I should say and not say.
The other is other people in my life didn't sign up for this, so they're not going to be happy with me sharing my experience. So regardless of the situation I try to take that into consideration because this doesn't just effect me, but everyone I know.
Which is why I don't say much about my past history. For me I don't need the story. I don't really care about it at this point. It's irrelevant at this place in time.
When someone does want you to elaborate, than they throw the victim mentality, lol, and yay, I've been over that and been done with that since 2011, but they wanted to hear the story. So don't ask, and than you won't see me as being a victim.
If I leave it out, people think I don't understand where they're coming from when I try to help them, and really it's about them anyway, not me. So, I try to make it about them.
When I do share something, they say oh! lol
So, how do you find a healthy balance, but still be effective.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
