The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is me saying hi to everyone here

Petahh

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 24, 2015
Hey guys,

I've been lurking the forums a for little over a week now (I just finished the book a week back) and I wanna finally stop being a thread-stalker. So yeah, hi. heh.

I'm currently in university (and now doing an internship in beautiful Switzerland!) and I want to be able to retire when I graduate (which is in 1.5 years). Crazy plan huh? But definitely looking forward to it.

More importantly, I hope that one day I'll be able to contribute significantly to this forum as much as I've learnt/will learn from you all.

Oh. 1 last thing. Thanks @Andy Black for welcoming me to the forum earlier too!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlakeRVA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Aug 24, 2015
Hey there

Retiring in 1.5 years is a pretty lofty goal - not impossible though. What steps are you currently taking to turn this idea into your reality? If you haven't identified what you need to do yet, what's stopping you?

Petahh

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 24, 2015
Hey there

Retiring in 1.5 years is a pretty lofty goal - not impossible though. What steps are you currently taking to turn this idea into your reality? If you haven't identified what you need to do yet, what's stopping you?

I've been investing in stocks for a year + (1st year was i think about 50% ROI) and only now I realised that I'll need to do much more than merely invest heh. Like creating a business that can be automated and scalable (I was thinking along the lines of engineering - both hardward and software)
I've been trying out Affiliate Marketing with very little success. But I gave myself until the end of the year to turn a profit. If not I'll focus on other pursuits :)

I have a few other ideas simmering but I'll have to see if they are viable though.

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
Welcome to the forum.

Good luck and have a good journey!

:)

Petahh

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 24, 2015
Thanks @Napoolion . I'll see you on the inside soon!

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
@Petahh - Great to have you here! There is indeed a lofty goal, but I love that you're aiming so high. My biggest failure as a younger entrepreneur was aiming too low. I really do believe in 10x, 100x, 1000x any goal you have in mind. You may not end up hitting them the first time round, but you end up achieving a whole lot more than you imagined you could.

I look forward to witnessing your journey from here to where you want to be. If you want it badly enough, I have no doubt you can get it.

Petahh

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 24, 2015
@Petahh - Great to have you here! There is indeed a lofty goal, but I love that you're aiming so high. My biggest failure as a younger entrepreneur was aiming too low. I really do believe in 10x, 100x, 1000x any goal you have in mind. You may not end up hitting them the first time round, but you end up achieving a whole lot more than you imagined you could.

I look forward to witnessing your journey from here to where you want to be. If you want it badly enough, I have no doubt you can get it.

Thanks @Imgal ! When I first joined this forum I saw you posting in quite a few threads and I was completely blown away by the stuff you said. (Honestly most of the experienced/INSIDERS offer solid advice for everyone which is amazing) I only recently found out about the follow function and yes, I'm gonna follow all of you and learn a lot. >: )

That said, my word still stands : I will promise to contribute as much back to the forum that has given me so much in the past week alone. Thanks once again!
Here's to the future! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...