The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is going on my vision board, stunning property

michael

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 22, 2008
Australia
http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007570362#

This is one of the nicest areas of Sydney, in the Northern Beaches about 30-40 minutes drive away. I can just imagine stepping out of my living room board under arm and walking 30 metres across the smooth golden sand to one of the most exclusive expanse beach in Australia.

$16 million seems over priced considering the current economy but I will own something like this. Hopefully before I am 30 and definitely before I am 40

:fastlane: :fastlane: :fastlane:

I love Sydney :)

2007570362_1_FS.JPG

2007570362_4_FS.JPG

2007570362_8_FS.JPG

2007570362_24_FS.JPG

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LaughedAt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 20, 2007
Israel
Wow! Truly amazing property :notworthy:
But if I paid $16M for a house, I would like to get a bit more land so that I won't be 1 foot away from my neighbors! But otherwise, it's absolutely breath-taking!

Here's another place I wouldn't mind :smxB:

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
Anyone on this forum wanna co-own this property in an LLC structure? 12 people buy-in, 1 month each per year? Or why not a 52 people buy-in and 1 week each per year?

With a 12 people buy-in each person would put in $1,333,333.

With a 52 people buy-in each person would put in $307,692.

Everything is possible with the right setup.

michael

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 22, 2008
Australia
Wow! Truly amazing property :notworthy:
But if I paid $16M for a house, I would like to get a bit more land so that I won't be 1 foot away from my neighbors! But otherwise, it's absolutely breath-taking!

Here's another place I wouldn't mind :smxB:

Lovely place that one is.

Though the title is called "...500m-euro-french-reviera-mansion.jpg" I think it is a little bit more than the place I posted.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Anyone on this forum wanna co-own this property in an LLC structure? 12 people buy-in, 1 month each per year? Or why not a 52 people buy-in and 1 week each per year?

With a 12 people buy-in each person would put in $1,333,333.

With a 52 people buy-in each person would put in $307,692.

Everything is possible with the right setup.
You big tease!!

Forza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Mar 14, 2008
Nice! But with global warming I wouldn't like to be the owner if there's a significant rise in sea level.

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
Awesome looking house, but I agree, too close to the neighbours. If I can jump from one roof to the other, the gaps too small :p

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
$16 million seems over priced considering the current economy but I will own something like this. Hopefully before I am 30 and definitely before I am 40

It sneaks up on you a lot faster than you would think -- maintain our focus, and always remember that it's later than you think ;)

- Hakrjak

Forza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Mar 14, 2008
:smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol:

Your own house is a lot to have at risk.

I'm not a scientist, however, most scientists appear to see global warming as a fact. They are now trying to figure out what is causing it and its future impact on us.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I've never really understood why people put swimming pools right next to the ocean? Maybe they get tired of the salt? But then the chlorine...

:wtf:

Yeh it's because a lot of people don't like to swim in the ocean. I know when we rented a beach house in Florida last year we got one with a pool, because the ocean was nasty down where we were staying.

In Cancun we use the pool at the resort we stay at more than the ocean just because it's cleaner, and quite frankly -- I don't want to get bitten by a shark... haha

Newer pools don't require chlorine at all anymore. The one my parents got just takes salt, which you can't even detect once it's in the water. Some kind of chemical conversion technology going on, no idea how it works...!?

- Hakrjak

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs

I'm not a scientist, however, most scientists appear to see global warming as a fact. They are now trying to figure out what is causing it and its future impact on us.

Well hey, if you're a global warming believer -- that is why you buy home owner's insurance for your beach house.

- Hakrjak

Forza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Mar 14, 2008
Well hey, if you're a global warming believer -- that is why you buy home owner's insurance for your beach house.

- Hakrjak

Does homeowners insurance cover loss of property from a slow rising ocean level?

Would you be able to sell such a house if everyone knew the ocean level were rising?

If you choose to buy a beach house, you should probably ask these questions if you're a global warming believer or not, to be on the safe side.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA

I will not debate this, you can research it yourself outside of the mainstream media and find the truth if you want, or you can continue being a sheep, the choice is yours.

One question though-

How can the same people who cannot accurately predict next weeks weather most of the time, predict the next 1,5,10,15, etc years in the future?

Forza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Mar 14, 2008
I will not debate this, you can research it yourself outside of the mainstream media and find the truth if you want, or you can continue being a sheep, the choice is yours.

One question though-

How can the same people who cannot accurately predict next weeks weather most of the time, predict the next 1,5,10,15, etc years in the future?

Temperatures have been rising over the last 50 years in every area on the planet except for maybe Antartica. But new data says that on average, Antartica has gotten slightly warmer. All of Antartica's ice, if melted, can raise global sea levels by 57 metres.

If the ozone hole over Antartica is fixed by the middle of this century, then its temperature will probably rise.

At this point in time, I reckon it's wiser to be safe than sorry.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Temperatures have been rising over the last 50 years in every area on the planet except for maybe Antartica. But new data says that on average, Antartica has gotten slightly warmer. All of Antartica's ice, if melted, can raise global sea levels by 57 metres.

If the ozone hole over Antartica is fixed by the middle of this century, then its temperature will probably rise.

At this point in time, I reckon it's wiser to be safe than sorry.

ok, this is too much fun, are you saying that 100% of the area of the earth other than antartica has temperature monitoring? 2008 was actually a colder year the previous ones. Scientist that are not caught up in the hype note there seems to be a tie between solar activity and earth temperature. But lets not let the facts confuse us.

If you notice in the media, the new catch phrase is 'global climate change.' Now that the evidence seems to be turning against the global warming alarmist, they must change their terminology so they can keep a cause and keep raking in the money (can you say carbon credits anyone).

So are you advocating trying to destroy the ozone layer over Antartica in an attempt to stop global warming?

At this point I would rather be educated than reactive.

Forza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Mar 14, 2008

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
My apologies to my fellow fastlaners for taking this and running with it. Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in these.

Forza- good luck with all that. If you wish to continue the discussion through PM I will be happy to help you on your journey towards education.

Forza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Mar 14, 2008
My apologies to my fellow fastlaners for taking this and running with it. Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in these.

Forza- good luck with all that. If you wish to continue the discussion through PM I will be happy to help you on your journey towards education.

For the benefit of anyone considering a beach house, what scientific articles do you read that refute global warming?

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Is that $16m US?

Coming from the CT coast thats not really to out of line, although we really don't have that style of home around here.

Thats a nice house, if you love the beach thats a great way of living. Personaly even though I love the water I hate the beach, so I have no desire to live on it. I rather live in a very private area about 20 minutes away from the water, ie my boat. Either way I figure I'm going to spend every weekend on the boat, so why do I need to see the water from my living room?

IMHO waterfront is to crowded for my taste, I don't want to be able to see my neighbors from my yard, I need space.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.