The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

this idea that I have

Idea threads

Halli

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jun 18, 2009
London,UK
yayyy my first thread :smxB: so I have this idea in my head about starting a subscription website that gives people access to discount at a lot of companies.They could buy subscription for something like 1 month,3 months,6 months or 1 year. I would contact the companies and see if they would like giving special offers to members and then list the companies on the website.Also thinking about offering the companies to promote specials offers on the site and to put their brochures on it (pdf). Then the members could browse them and see what offers they can use the discount on. I think this could be good and not too time consuming.What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Very worthy idea, sounds like a concept here we have in the states called the "Entertainment Book" -- its a big book with thousands of coupons and the book costs like $15. The web is littered with coupon sites; is there not anything like this? And if so, how are they doing?

Halli

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jun 18, 2009
London,UK
There is nothing of this here that I know of except one that is called the Private club or something like that.It doesn't advertise much and it is more expensive I think than what I'm thinking of.But they must be doing something right since they have been in business for some years.I think there is a niche for it since the economy is not good and many people are looking to save money.But I am also wondering if it's better to put up the site and the system first (not sure how much that would cost me) and then contact the companies so they can see what they are getting into or should I contact the companies first in order to have a reason to start all this?

Halli

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jun 18, 2009
London,UK
thanks :) I like the setup of this website.Seems like it's something that I'm thinking about.Although I'd be focusing on every company that I can get my hands on :smxB: I would be focusing on Reykjavík first since my biggest market would be there. I think I would contact the big chains first that everybody know.I have some marketing ideas for it but I am going to wait with that until I have a good functional site :)

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
Halli, I have no idea how they went about it but they have some really nice restaurants and some really cheap restaurants. I"ve been waiting to snag a coupon for one high end restaurant for awhile now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.