The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

There’s Something Missing

A post of a ranting nature...

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
Keep your head down and work. Just work hard. Ignore most of what you are hearing. The older you get, the more you will realize that most of the noise you're hearing is just a smokescreen to keep people confused and compliant. You will also find that both sides of most of the questions have a lot of the same basic goals. The show of conflict between the two sides is just that -- a show for public consumption & to keep people stirred up. A lot of these combatants get together on the sly and compare notes.

If you are interested in the wherefores of events and studying human behavior -- follow the money. See who is making alliances. It's like the current civil unrest here in the USA that is being supported by International corporations. So, what is this really about? What do these two groups have in common? Have you thought about the concept of Globalism? Is it really about localized racial issues or doing global business and providing cheap labor for those businesses?

Let us know how your thinking is changing...
Between this thread and a couple conversations with some friends, I've accepted that humanity hasn't changed much from other historical civilizations. I remember reading this book called Collapse for an environmental science class that delves deeper into that.

I think it's best for me to resign from the fight, mind my own business, work on changing myself instead of changing the world, and impact people through my actions.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Between this thread and a couple conversations with some friends, I've accepted that humanity hasn't changed much from other historical civilizations. I remember reading this book called Collapse for an environmental science class that delves deeper into that.

I think it's best for me to resign from the fight, mind my own business, work on changing myself instead of changing the world, and impact people through my actions.
Jared Diamond is a good scholar. I read many of his master pieces.

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I apologize in advance for this off-topic post. There’s no other place I trust to go with this.

During these crazy times of shutdowns, looting, political craziness, etc. I haven't paid a lot of attention to much of anything outside of growing my business.

That said, after reading a little about the political weaponization of CV19 on this forum and pondering systemic racism... I’ve found myself feeling like a puppet.

I mean... reading Unscripted opened my eyes to indentured servitude. But everything going on today has me fighting this habit of getting caught up in conspiracy theories while trying not to get in a political argument since everyone in the world wants to force their beliefs on each other.

What does a 28 year old white man trying to build a business do at a time like this?

I have my beliefs. I like to think of myself as open-minded. But damn, there’s oceans of bullshit out there. I don’t have time to research a well-thought out stance on any of it.

Besides, how do we know who is right and who is wrong? Does any of it really matter? Will any of it really make a difference? Or are we all just along for this ride of history repeating itself over and over again?
My two cents...

In life...there will be forces that you can control, and those that you can't.

Russian election results? You can't control.

Making a steadfast savings plan? You can control.

In times of political and social unrest, I think it's good to keep your emotions in check, through realising that these things are relatively out of your control.

That being said, if you are interested in the mechanisms behind what's going on, I'd recommend educating yourself on these issues to help form your own opinion. "Hoover institute" on YouTube us a good place to start.

That being said, I think there is a lot of noise and bullshit on the net these days, so you need to use your own judgement and pick your media source carefully. Bullshit like 5g is causing covid19, and shit like that.

Best way to find out if something is true or not is by looking at its results. (Ie.. communism is a noble idea, but through looking at history and its results, it can be concluded that it doesn't work in practice).

My personal view (which I'm reluctant to write here), is that the current mess is a manifestation of many forces...frustrstion, opportunistic people, criminals, and the trump administration. Trump gets off on division and conflict and feeds off it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.