scottaj74
New Contributor
- Joined
- May 11, 2012
- Messages
- 74
Rep Bank
$245
$245
User Power: 30%
Ok, here's the scoop. I was hoping my prototype would be here by now, but it's not. Gotta keep the ball rolling!
What I've been working on is a bluetooth wireless leash for electronics (iPhones, smartphones, GoPro cameras, any personal electronic that has bluetooth capability). Yes, there are other devices out there that you can use your phone to search with (Zomm - it goes off at 30' and you need a smartphone to program it), but this design and application is slightly different.
I live in a ski town that has an online classified section that has people looking for lost iPhones and GoPro cameras almost daily.
People are constantly loosing phones at the bar and cameras at the ski hill. It's still in the rough prototype stages, but the device links up over bluetooth with your phone/camera/etc... If you accidentally leave your phone on the table, or crash snowboarding and your camera falls off the device will flash/vibrate and sound an alarm to let you know that the device is 10' out of range. It doesn't tell you exactly where the lost item is, but you will know it's relatively close.
The retail price will be around $30-35 for the unit. I was asking what people usually carry with them (outside of your phone) so that I can determine what medium to build the unit into. Check out thread: What do you always carry on yourself? I was thinking maybe a bracelet (done up stylishly), a key fob of sorts, a "credit card" design that could fit into your wallet/purse or some kind of wrist strap that could go over snow gloves.
It's a spin on what's already out there, but tweaked slightly so it can be used for more applications. Once the unit arrives, I'll post some videos of how it works with phones and cameras.
What I've been working on is a bluetooth wireless leash for electronics (iPhones, smartphones, GoPro cameras, any personal electronic that has bluetooth capability). Yes, there are other devices out there that you can use your phone to search with (Zomm - it goes off at 30' and you need a smartphone to program it), but this design and application is slightly different.
I live in a ski town that has an online classified section that has people looking for lost iPhones and GoPro cameras almost daily.
People are constantly loosing phones at the bar and cameras at the ski hill. It's still in the rough prototype stages, but the device links up over bluetooth with your phone/camera/etc... If you accidentally leave your phone on the table, or crash snowboarding and your camera falls off the device will flash/vibrate and sound an alarm to let you know that the device is 10' out of range. It doesn't tell you exactly where the lost item is, but you will know it's relatively close.
The retail price will be around $30-35 for the unit. I was asking what people usually carry with them (outside of your phone) so that I can determine what medium to build the unit into. Check out thread: What do you always carry on yourself? I was thinking maybe a bracelet (done up stylishly), a key fob of sorts, a "credit card" design that could fit into your wallet/purse or some kind of wrist strap that could go over snow gloves.
It's a spin on what's already out there, but tweaked slightly so it can be used for more applications. Once the unit arrives, I'll post some videos of how it works with phones and cameras.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
