The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The world after Neuralink. How would non-implanters thrive?

01Ascension

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Aug 14, 2018
I was thinking about a dystopian future where Elon has successfully launched his Neuralink brain implant and it has got to a level where anyone can upload skillsets like installing a software or an app.

How do you think will non-implanters survive in such an era? Will they be pushed to doing low skilled manual jobs? and would you implant it on yourself?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
551%
Apr 17, 2022
Dystopian nightmare.

Who the hell would want to have a piece of metal implanted in their brain for the sake of improving "productivity"? Are we as a society willing to give away what's left of our humanity for the sake of increased performance at work?

I love competing and winning, I love working hard, I love the process of training and learning. All these things are what makes us human, and it's all the fun in life.

If everybody can become a genius in one simple step, being a genius will no longer be valuable, it will mean nothing. It's like awarding the gold medal to all competitors - if everybody is a champion then nobody is a champion.

And by the time technology advances to a point where this kind of thing would be possible (hint: not soon), it would make much more sense to have a bunch of AI powered robots to do the work for us, which is the natural progression of human civilization (using increasingly complex tools to create more resources e.g. industrial revolution).

Last edited:

Athena_

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 3, 2021
India
This book paints a very bright picture of such a future -
"The Future Is Faster Than You Think: How Converging Technologies Are Transforming Business, Industries, and Our Lives
Book by Peter Diamandis and Steven Kotler"

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
This book paints a very bright picture of such a future -
"The Future Is Faster Than You Think: How Converging Technologies Are Transforming Business, Industries, and Our Lives
Book by Peter Diamandis and Steven Kotler"
They are too optimistic in all respects.
People will lose their jobs? Doesn't matter! There will be even more new jobs. Doesn't matter that these people are 80 and won't become AI curators in their remaining lifetime.

I personally would adopt, just not as an early adopter ... guessing in 15 years sounds about right. The virtual worlds will have limits and challenges.
I hope we'll be able to live 10 simulated lifetimes in a year and learn skills the hard way there, which then translate when we return into the real world. Then again, my actual life sucks, can't wait to see alternatives.

Personally I am convinced the whole system has to be upgraded to include less "freestyle - anything goes" and more incentive based economics.
If there was an incentive economy which is based on democratic votes (how people want to live), then there would be cities isolated from exponential technology, everything from "horse only no fossil fuels" to "retro 80s" etc.
Many futurist predict that there will be areas reserved for moshs (mostly original substrate humans) which over time get smaller and smaller as people opt out. Those places would become less appealing as more people leave.
The most important pivot, if we want to be proactive about it, is away from melting pot towards fragmentation with different levels of subsidiarity. On our current trajectory, a "join us or die" moment is not unlikely.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.