The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The WHY

CVentures1B12

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Oct 18, 2007
Richmond, VA
Everyone,
I have recently started this Full Service Real Estate Solutions Provider company. It has been a great success so far. After reading up for almost a year, I finally decided to take action. That is not what I am writing about, however. I am writing about the WHY. I was, up until recently, a bit leery of the implications that this business entailed. Are we just vultures waiting for people to get into situations, just for us to swoop in, get their property, and leave with more money? I did not know. Until I had my first meeting with a potential client. I walked in and the house was beautiful. The energy, however, was horrible. This man was down in the dumps, he was about to be foreclosed on, and he had no way out. He called as a last resort, because he didn't think that he had anything left to do. Basically, all that was done was this; he was educated on his options. He was told many different things that would take place if I were to take over payments, etc, etc. He was educated that there were, in fact, options out there to save his credit from being completely shattered, along with what dignity he had left. It was a completely honest conversation in every aspect. I was not selling, I was helping. And now I realize that after talking to my first potential client.
It is for this reason that I started this Thread. I would like to know the WHY. It was in this moment, that I was walking back to my car, that I realized I could possibly the means to this man having his life back. He was simply ecstatic when I walked out of that place! Just to realize that he actually DID have options and was not backed into a mandatory foreclosure or bankruptcy. This was a defining moment for me and really gave me more of a reason to do this business than money. Money is great, don't get me wrong. But now there is sustenance behind this business. Its kinda like baked beans without bacon drippings...you CAN eat them...but they just aren't as good without them! It was in this moment that I finalized with myself that I am destined for greatness and to help people in great ways. I can't wait to hear what this brings up and if this has already been posted, then feel free to disregard. If it is in the wrong place, feel free to move it. But please reply, because this really is one way to encourage others to keep fighting the good fight!!!! I know it keep me chugging on! I have not been able to communicate this the way that I properly should, but it has been such a positive experience for me that I simply cannot wait for this business to take off and I can do this full time. I hope this has been an easy read and not too long!!

--Josh

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You've discovered that money follows when you solve problems and the needs of others. Having the right Entrepreneurial Premise will go a long way. My post on having the right EP is here ... its very similar to what you describe! Quit chasing money! Chase needs!

Nice write up !!... speed++

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.