The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

The WHY that pushes me to work and never relent. Does anyone else think this way?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Jackson J

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 9, 2018
Tucson, Arizona
During my youth I remember how often I would not be able to sleep at night thinking of death. I would end up in my parents room asking questions they did not have the answer to. Death is such an impossible thing to imagine. For an agnostic like myself it can lead to depressing thoughts. I saw life being pointless in every single meaning and any meaning I could try and give it as a fallacy. I eventually reached a thought process that worked for me as a killer motivator, and when I say killer I mean it. The identity shift is still in progress, but I have yet to find someone who shares the same recognition of why this belief is so important. Its hard to explain to most people as it requires a lot of beliefs about the world. But for an agnostic/atheist who is up to date with technology I believe there must be someone who can relate.

I wonder if my thought process stems directly from one of our core values as humans. Survival.

I think we can all agree that within our lifetimes shit will get weird. There are tens or hundreds of different routes of extending our consciousness and its possible you and I are growing up in the possible inbetween stage of extended human consciousness. If I told you someone alive today would live to 1,000 years old that may make you question the probability of that achievement. However, if I said someone alive today would make it to 170, that is not very far fetched given our current rate of change and advancement. Now if within 50 years we extend life another 50 years that means there is another 50 years for technological advances to continue to extend life. With this knowledge 1,000 years does not look to far off after all. And if you can look back a thousand and forward a thousand, its pretty obvious life will be unimaginably different to the extent where mortality is not a worry.

Given you accept the chance of this possibility, compared with the chance that this treatment does not reach everyone, or barely misses your age then this makes the investment of this expected 72 years to be minuscule in the possible chance that the cutoff is made. Given this knowledge I think I can either set myself up with as much money as possible, hopefully reaching the point of funding the research necessary or accept death. I cannot devote myself to any deity because there is no ounce of realness in that for me. What is real is this chance, and thats something that can make me give up drinking, videogames, never smoke, and push me nonstop to fight for my survival.

That is my purpose, and my thought process and my WHY. I have shared it with a few close friends who didn't fully grasp the concept which is why I am sharing it for the first time online.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
I kind of grasp what you are saying. It is a very interesting thing to think about. And survival is hardwired into us. What you have done is took it a step higher to the point that it motivates and excites you. I just don't know if I could accept this. I mean, when you understand biology, and how the body breaks down, I don't think things like this are possible. For a long time people have been looking for the fountain of youth. You can imagine that super wealthy people have thought about this and would pay for such research but I think we are very limited in how much we can extend out lives.

Jackson J

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 9, 2018
Tucson, Arizona
I kind of grasp what you are saying. It is a very interesting thing to think about. And survival is hardwired into us. What you have done is took it a step higher to the point that it motivates and excites you. I just don't know if I could accept this. I mean, when you understand biology, and how the body breaks down, I don't think things like this are possible. For a long time people have been looking for the fountain of youth. You can imagine that super wealthy people have thought about this and would pay for such research but I think we are very limited in how much we can extend out lives.

We never evolved to survive longer but the capability is in fact there.
Biologically Speaking, This Is Why Humans Are Born To Die
I am not saying this is a guarantee of any sorts, but a definite possibility and one that would create the most valuable resource in the world. TIME. Money may in fact buy time. (Maybe it already has, we'll find out once the first cryogenically frozen human is resuscitated/they find a unsolvable problem in the thawing process.)

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Cancel anytime

$7 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 44% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Crush Goals: 30% Off GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Save the best: bookmark/archive ability
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • Crush Goals: 50% Off a GoalSumo.com Subscription

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.