The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Vast Universe

Anything related to matters of the mind

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
Sometimes things are hard and you must relax. To relax I pulled out "The Planets" book Narrated by Bill Nye and curated by NASA showing the hundreds of images they have taken of the various celestial bodies that neighbor our home. I looked at the Mars Landscape panorama and thought it was beautiful. I finally got to Uranus when I stopped to think; The universe is extremely vast with many great and unique creations for us to observe. Yet here I am, in my circumstances, with others in their circumstances on this planet surrounded by millions of other planets, and this is the only one proven to have life.

It is astonishing, having millions of planets and we're right here in this very moment on this exact planet together. While we can't reach every planet, we can always try to reach every single person - to help them and positively impact their lives. Every person is worth the world in one way or another and that's what makes it so unique, is us. Even a little bit of positive change that you may bring forth in your life time is held by great volumes - because it may never be replicable or applicable to anywhere else in the universe other than your family, clients, friends, and other loved ones.

For many, this outlook is seen as an essence of nihilism, but to me its a sense of purpose that even while on a planet with millions of others surrounding, I have a purpose to provide the world and so do you, and in this realization I find myself looking for new solutions to problems so that I may be freed from the rat race.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Perspective can do wonders. I tweeted some months ago that a walk through the cemetery also offers incredible perspective. Someone also alluded that here today as well.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
For many, this outlook is seen as an essence of nihilism, but to me its a sense of purpose

It can be both, existent nihilism is the belief that whilst there is no external 'truth', there is meaning and it is found within us.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
Perspective can do wonders. I tweeted some months ago that a walk through the cemetery also offers incredible perspective. Someone also alluded that here today as well.

It really does. Today the girl I'd been seeing for a little said our relationship wouldn't work out and I need a date for prom (That's why I got her number in the first place, and basic physical attraction by looks). I was sad at first because we talked prior and she was being rude and I was confused, went to my class and was interactive as normal - carrying the class basically, keeping the conversation going with the teacher. Then I left for work, still upset but happy to be there (I work at a start up and so it was nice getting to do my work and collaborate with the people who need and want me). And now after some processing I'm not sad but glad, because I was being brought down by her negativity and being less productive, and realized that I shouldn't be sad because there are people who don't want me. I should be happy because there are people who want me and need me. Like business deals, you can't win them all :).

I know its a bit off topic but it was my example today of why perspective matters

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.