The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Saiful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Dec 31, 2017
Chattogram, Bangladesh
With millions of blogs, videos and websites out there, how do you find the top resources for every 20 year old?
What are the top resources that you can visit not just for information, but actually relevant, life-changing info?

My goal is to gather most significant resources for every 20 years old.
I’d love to hear your suggestions within the comments.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I wish I had known about the power of incremental change and that time doesn't move as slowly as it does when you're 20, forever.

Thus a small habit started today, can turn you into an expert in a relatively short amount of time.

Saiful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Dec 31, 2017
Chattogram, Bangladesh
511GNjQIDxL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0984358102/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
I see you. You’re fishing for information to assemble as a guide to sell to other 20 year olds.

Entrepreneurship is not age specific. If you’re looking to assemble life advice for 20 year olds, I’m not sure this is the right forum. This forum specifically targets building businesses and gaining financial freedom, regardless of age.

You’ll have to fish in another pond for your guru material.

Saiful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Dec 31, 2017
Chattogram, Bangladesh
I see you. You’re fishing for information to assemble as a guide to sell to other 20 year olds.

Entrepreneurship is not age specific. If you’re looking to assemble life advice for 20 year olds, I’m not sure this is the right forum. This forum specifically targets building businesses and gaining financial freedom, regardless of age.

You’ll have to fish in another pond for your guru material.
My hope is that this this post can serve as a good place for every 20 years old.
Business is all about solving problems. I find a problem for myself and I try to solve it for free.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
@Saiful I don't see the value of just posting links to YouTube videos here. This is a discussion forum, people can search for video's till the cows come home directly on their platform. What value do they serve here?

Most of us are not interested in watching one video after another. We come here to read and respond. Seeing posts that have no substance save for an embedded video is a just a pattern interrupt. Your time would be better spend briefly explaining the concepts rather than just linking to them.

Then we can all benefit from your research.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I liked the idea behind the main post, but I only see spam.

I don't want to come out as an a$$, but I feel like you're just posting stuff to get more posts.

Did you really need to post twice, once for TMF and once for Unscripted (both books that this forum is about) ?

If the thread was about people sharing their tips for young entrepreneurs or new entrepreneurs, that'd be great... but right now it's just hotlinking youtube top 10s from unknown (and maybe even unsuccessful) people.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I liked the idea behind the main post, but I only see spam.

I don't want to come out as an a$$, but I feel like you're just posting stuff to get more posts.

Did you really need to post twice, once for TMF and once for Unscripted (both books that this forum is about) ?

If the thread was about people sharing their tips for young entrepreneurs or new entrepreneurs, that'd be great... but right now it's just hotlinking youtube top 10s from unknown (and maybe even unsuccessful) people.
OP, you know you can edit your post to include videos and links of the same topic after posting, right?

Thanks for the call-out, @Jeff Noel and @RazorCut.

I made that damn mistake years ago when I first came here. Some stupid shit that was.

Since OP is asking on what stuff to help EVERY 20 years old, I would say that these 20-year olds are mostly likely studying in universities.

Some resources I would recommend would be Cal Newport's books and blog for success in studies, Atomic Habits by James Clear and a website called wtfprofessor.

I am reading How To Become A Straight-A Student now, since I'm still in university, in a new semester. Wouldn't hurt to look for ways to refine study habits to make more room for Fastlane stuff.

I liked wtfprofessor for its goal of killing the fear that engineering degrees are slaughterhouses.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 26, 2018
These are great resources to learn some generally useful skills:

Logical fallacies and cognitive biases:
Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

Critical thinking:
CriticalThinking.org - Critical Thinking Model 1

A book I'm reading right now is 'Self directed behavior', which teaches how to 'control your behavior'. I've learned the hard way that having big aspirations is easy, but it can be extremely hard to follow through. The self help genre isn't very useful, so I have high hopes for this research based book.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I see you. You’re fishing for information to assemble as a guide to sell to other 20 year olds.Y ou’ll have to fish in another pond for your guru material.

A sharp biz veteran indeed.
:thumbsup:

Saiful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Dec 31, 2017
Chattogram, Bangladesh
Entrepreneurship is not age specific. If you’re looking to assemble life advice for 20 year olds, I’m not sure this is the right forum.

In 1883, Barney Kroger invested his life savings of $372 to open a grocery store at 66 Pearl Street in downtown Cincinnati. The son of a merchant, he ran his business with a simple motto: “Be particular. Never sell anything you would not want yourself.He experimented with making his own products, such as bread, so that customers would not need to go to a separate bakery.

In 2019 Kroger's Revenue is US$122.66 billion.
All start with making his own products, such as bread

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Interesting; how are you finding it?
OK, I just finished it.

It's quite a quick read, but for the college student who is on the rush, yes, its enough for them to begin doing the right things.

Has some great tips on taking notes carefully, and places great importance on understanding the reasoning behind arguments, as well as their conclusions, for courses that are wordy, such as arts, law and philosophy.

However, Cal's write-up on dealing with technical courses (STEM and programming) is somewhat lacking.
Weird, as his background (and current academic tenure) is in computer science.
Wtfprofessor has a better breakdown.

Wtfprofessor suggests reverse-learning, which is looking at the solution and the question, and then work it backwards like what the Chinese do with foreign tech (ahem).

I looked back at my past semester, and discovered that I didn't go through all the way there as the process recommended.

There were times I rushed through that process with my business stats questions, and although I didn't need to cram for exams, the exam stress momentum and grades could have been better.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.