The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Two Forces That Determine How Much Traffic You Get (3:57 Video)

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Obviously that was a bit vague, since you leave "economics" and "conversion" completely undefined.
The copy wasn't too bad, but it does stretch credibility that you were in like a lawn chair in a polo shirt, but I liked your calmness.

Anyways, assuming this isn't just a plug with pathetic followup,
I agree with the concept of having a plan for customers when you have them, rather than chasing traffic and avoiding the question of what you are going to do with them.

But here is the real question. What are you doing with this video itself? (developing leads from incidental traffic?)

I believe you should take it a step further and declare to people what you are going to do with them and why. Never be sheepish about pricing, and get the customer into the thick of things.

This was a bit shallow, I would have loved some more detail on economics and conversion (especially if it was original and wasn't just a rehash) cuz that would have allowed you to display originality and seperate yourself.

In the end, I felt like you retreated behind a company wall, where I would have prefered you engage and talk about your brand and your goals etc.

- brand and goals are probably not present in this guys biz
- the vid talks but it isn't walking what it talks
- lawn chair + polo + unironed + bad posture = strained credibility
- lacks a developed understanding of what it promotes (economics and conversion)
- seems to be an "up and comer" to selling business consultancy advice

You have to rethink imho, because it is kind of like the movie Jerry Maguire
Jerry Maguire has this spark of inspiration and writes a mission statement in order to change where his industry is headed. He then gets hung out to dry and gets dumped out on his a##, and one key customer stays with him.

Jerry Maguire is a guy in a polo shirt, on a lawn chair, but with one difference. He has also been somewhere, and you KNOW he has the skills. You only trust him, because he screams "show me the money" and has got your back.

If Jerry Maguire was just an up and comer, no mission statement, little proven track record, getting into the industry, then that broken charm routine just isn't authentic and on the edge, its just a poor guy making a poor shot.

To make the best of your circumstances, I suggest a strong mission statement, a great attitude of sticking with people towards results, and developing even just ONE rod tidwell, so that people KNOW you are the real deal.

I dunno man, just a friendly chance for you to check/readjust.
Cuz you don't want to waste your life PLAYING the role of dr Evil in a lawn chair, you want to actually go out into life, become a success and then kneel down to help out.

Last edited:
R

redshep

"If you outconvert and outearn your competition, they can't compete with you."
2d6pa0y.gif

Steve Daar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Jun 2, 2014
Chicago, Illinois
Dude - - thank you.

Goal with the video has two parts:
1) Get feedback from people on how I can improve videos for the future
2) Potentially use it as part of a 3 part video series the requires an email opt in (the three videos are: 'The Secret to Getting Tons of Traffic', 'The Fastest Way to Double Your Business' Profits', and 'The Insidious Disease Plaguing Your Business & Stealing Your Profits')

With 2 - - that would allow me to introduce myself further, give proof elements, etc

Because I definitely have those things:

- Former 'profit hacking secret weapon' to Fortune 500 companies
- Mentored for a quarter of a year by the world's premier experts in conversion
- Author of upcoming book 'Profit Hacking'
- I have some clients & am creating case studies from the results

Love the Jerry Maguire example -- going to think about this more.

Seriously - - thank you very much.

Obviously that was a bit vague, since you leave "economics" and "conversion" completely undefined.
The copy wasn't too bad, but it does stretch credibility that you were in like a lawn chair in a polo shirt, but I liked your calmness.

Anyways, assuming this isn't just a plug with pathetic followup,
I agree with the concept of having a plan for customers when you have them, rather than chasing traffic and avoiding the question of what you are going to do with them.

But here is the real question. What are you doing with this video itself? (developing leads from incidental traffic?)

I believe you should take it a step further and declare to people what you are going to do with them and why. Never be sheepish about pricing, and get the customer into the thick of things.

This was a bit shallow, I would have loved some more detail on economics and conversion (especially if it was original and wasn't just a rehash) cuz that would have allowed you to display originality and seperate yourself.

In the end, I felt like you retreated behind a company wall, where I would have prefered you engage and talk about your brand and your goals etc.

- brand and goals are probably not present in this guys biz
- the vid talks but it isn't walking what it talks
- lawn chair + polo + unironed + bad posture = strained credibility
- lacks a developed understanding of what it promotes (economics and conversion)
- seems to be an "up and comer" to selling business consultancy advice

You have to rethink imho, because it is kind of like the movie Jerry Maguire
Jerry Maguire has this spark of inspiration and writes a mission statement in order to change where his industry is headed. He then gets hung out to dry and gets dumped out on his a##, and one key customer stays with him.

Jerry Maguire is a guy in a polo shirt, on a lawn chair, but with one difference. He has also been somewhere, and you KNOW he has the skills. You only trust him, because he screams "show me the money" and has got your back.

If Jerry Maguire was just an up and comer, no mission statement, little proven track record, getting into the industry, then that broken charm routine just isn't authentic and on the edge, its just a poor guy making a poor shot.

To make the best of your circumstances, I suggest a strong mission statement, a great attitude of sticking with people towards results, and developing even just ONE rod tidwell, so that people KNOW you are the real deal.

I dunno man, just a friendly chance for you to check/readjust.
Cuz you don't want to waste your life PLAYING the role of dr Evil in a lawn chair, you want to actually go out into life, become a success and then kneel down to help out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
Pretty solid. I think you could use a better hook at the beginning - I thought you were going to cover something extremely basic and almost shut of off. You could also insert some graphics/graphs into the video. Looking at your mug for 4min makes the vid feel longer than it is.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.