The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Slowlaner's Digest: Monday Inspo

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
f6df8c0ba6451a1643bda416435d70c4.jpg

Feel identified? So do we! Here, at the Slowlane, we hate Mondays!

Mondays suck! Five days to go until the weekend! By the way, I'm writing this from my comfy slowlane prison! [HASHTAG]#job[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#omgfml[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#hashtag[/HASHTAG] But don't worry, I got you with the good stuff:

Here's all you need to know about Rihanna and Drake finally becoming official:

WHAT HE SAID. WHAT SHE ORDERED FOR HIM THAT HE DIDN'T LIKE AND SENT BACK TO THE KITCHEN. ALL THE HOT DEETS: http://www.capitalxtra.com/artists/drake/lists/rihanna-relationship-history

...Does that make your Monday better? No?

THEN WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TODAY so that next Monday you are a step closer to switching lanes?? ONE THING friends...One call, one email, one product idea...etc. etc. If you needed a wake up call today this is it. But truly it's also for myself. I thrive on harsh reminders.

Today I commit to emailing no less than 10 more manufacturers on Alibaba to get closer to find the one that will send me the first sample of my product.

We want out, right?

OR

Keep scratching those lottery tickets, five days till the weekend, sing with me...work work work work work...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ExcelGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 11, 2016
Waterloo, Ontario
Feel identified? So do we! Here, at the Slowlane, we hate Mondays!
We want out, right?

This was great. I started work today for the first big day of a new term (I teach at a university). I was bummed today after reading @Kak 's post and how crazy-fast-lane he must be but I needed to take a break. I posted a new product yesterday and have lots of ideas built up if I ever have time, but today is a day to get the J-O-B done to pay the B-I-L-L-S.

But I have some free time to read some of @Andy Black 's articles so that's a thing right? :)

Is it really "as simple as" find a supplier on Alibaba and sell product at 300% markup? Gotta find a product first I guess, I was just getting quotes on either an item I can sell or a promo item (enamel pins with my company info on them) but at the moment I think the promo pins might be more useful. But that could be slow lane thinking. But at least I'd have worked with a Chinese supplier and had product shipped to me and learned through the experience!

jesset17

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 23, 2016
Boise, ID
Thanks for the inspiration. I too like reminders and also seeing others make goals (daily or long term) gives me motivation to accomplish something as well. Probably due to my competitive nature; if you can do it, so can I!

Today I commit to finishing the backside of my packaging design and to set up the photoshoot for the last image needed for the frontside.

Ahhhh gotta get back to the slowlane for now, emails are rushing in....:banghead:

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
This was great. I started work today for the first big day of a new term (I teach at a university). I was bummed today after reading @Kak 's post and how crazy-fast-lane he must be but I needed to take a break. I posted a new product yesterday and have lots of ideas built up if I ever have time, but today is a day to get the J-O-B done to pay the B-I-L-L-S.

But I have some free time to read some of @Andy Black 's articles so that's a thing right? :)

Is it really "as simple as" find a supplier on Alibaba and sell product at 300% markup? Gotta find a product first I guess, I was just getting quotes on either an item I can sell or a promo item (enamel pins with my company info on them) but at the moment I think the promo pins might be more useful. But that could be slow lane thinking. But at least I'd have worked with a Chinese supplier and had product shipped to me and learned through the experience!

I feel you. Actually I'm thinking next year that turn 28 it will mark a decade that I have been in the job market. Seems like enough to me, lol.

I'm certainly no expert to answer questions since I'm barely taking the first steps myself, but I guess I'd consider whether selling something or the pins would give me a bigger return on my investment. You sound like you have a company going on, would X pins give you more sales for your company? Or would a product that sells give you sales? Is it wise to branch out on X idea or should you focus on the company you have going? Do what brings in $$ and then reinvest that $$ to get $$$$. Like @Vigilante says, once you get the process down you just reproduce it as many times as needed.

And most importantly we're in this forum to see the finish line so if that doesn't work adjust and keep going but don't give up!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Thanks for the inspiration. I too like reminders and also seeing others make goals (daily or long term) gives me motivation to accomplish something as well. Probably due to my competitive nature; if you can do it, so can I!

Today I commit to finishing the backside of my packaging design and to set up the photoshoot for the last image needed for the frontside.

Ahhhh gotta get back to the slowlane for now, emails are rushing in....:banghead:

Certainly if there's people out there doing it, we are just as capable. Lately Mondays are my hardest reminder I'm not where I want to be. Gotta MOVE.

Work on that packaging and let's see who makes it out of the rat race first [emoji1306]

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.