The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Rising Millionaire

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
Dear fellow members,

Thank you for reading this. It's really hard for me to introduce myself. Just because I don't feel worthy of being here. And I have that voice in my head that says: "oh, you should already know this stuff, because you've read about it." But let's do it anyway!

My name is Marek and I am from The Netherlands - Europe. Currently I am 23 years old and live with my parents. My first plan is to move out of the house, because I'm sick of all the "you can't do this"-talk.

Actually I had a really good childhood. Everything was there if I needed it. A new iPod if I wanted. Three times per year on vacation. To USA, Asia, Australia, skiing in Austria. My parents gave me everything I needed, and wanted.

But ofcourse, you can guess... now I have to do it by my own. And that's a very big struggle for me. Luckily five years ago I began to question myself some things. Why can I not get the girl I want. It started with those type of questions. My dad wasn't the right person to ask, so I began to search on the Internet. From that moment I read everything about womens, dating, personal development, selfimprovement, etc.

Soon I realized it wasn't my skills with women, that wasn't the problem. It was the problem with my self-image. So again I started to read out books, watched video's, listen to podcasts. I even went to a seminar of Tony Robbins. But nothing changed, only my hunger did. And I believe that's a good thing.

When I look to some aspects of my life. I hate it. I don't like the people I am with. I have stupid friends, with a stupid mindset. My diet is way to bad. I have no F*cking source of income. And I don't know where to start. I will suggest myself: "at the beginning of course." But where is the beginning? And the best of all. I made an agreement with my parents that I abondan the house on October the 1st.

But I feel like trapped. How do I get a house if I don't have a source of income? How do I start any business if I am surrounded with people that say it can't be done, that I need to find a job? Of course, what most scares me, is that I start a business and it doesn't work, and my parents will say: "see, it didn't worked, just as we told you."

But F*ck to that, I still started a business. It's not a passive business. I'm bootstrapping Books and Bikes now. Inspired by this thread, I started my own "business". I've done some bootstrapping before with bikes. And I made some small profit out of it. But it ended up with a fight with my parents about storage. So I decided to rent a box in town, where I can store some bikes.

The second day I already sold my first bike. I bought it for €125 and sold it next day for €250. That really gave me a kick! I made my "first money". So I continue to do this. And will get to pay my rent from it. But it won't last of course, because it's not passive. How can I make it passive?

I now live in Hilversum, a small town near Amsterdam, about 20mi. I want to move to Amsterdam. Because it is more internationally focussed and there is more business going on. Even for bootstrapping stuff.

My goals are:
  1. Financially free before 30
  2. Helping others finding their passion. In some sort of coaching/seminar/training form.
  3. Having that beautiful house.
  4. Be able to travel freely to the United States (without restrictions)
  5. That specific car for my family, wife and me.
  6. Having a family with that gorgeous wife
It is good to write them down here. I feel like when I do that at home, my parents will think I am crazy. They once said before.

What I am discovering now, is to think for myself. I don't know exactly how, but it's giving me some sort of freedom. For example. "I want to go again to Tony Robbins. I have this feeling that he is the guy that is going to help me. I really have the feeling that I need it. But now I am discovering that, though it is still worthy to go, I don't really need it." I still want to go, but it's not neccesairy anymore. Instead of that I signed up for a Toastmasters meeting.

I know I have some blindspots, and some of them are probably really huge (and I don't notice them). So that's why I am here. To uncover my blindspots and moving forward to my goals. And I really hope, no I am really going to do my best to ask the right questions and to ask for the right help. That's what most scares me. And I really need your help for this. Just say it to me when I am wrong. Not if you are a sidewalker/slowlaner of course. We need to develop our mindset and skills. And that is only possible, as far as I believe, to do it together. So please comment, comment, comment, that's how I learn!

Thank you for reading.

Best wishes,

Marek

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yung1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 3, 2016
Cleveland, Ohio
Good intro man, hope you have much success. For the bike business, how do you create profit from this? Are you simply buying a bike that you know is a good deal and reselling it for market price? Or are you taking it and fixing it up then reselling it?

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
Hey, Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I look for good deals. No defects, just working bikes. The example I gave in my intro. The guy had an offer of €150. But the person who made the offer was coming next day. So I said on the phone I would come today for €125. He asked €250. He said okay, because he wanted to have that damn thing just sold. I knew when I bought the bike I could probably sell it for €250 or even more. Just had to make my "ad" better, and I did.

Yung1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 3, 2016
Cleveland, Ohio
Hey, Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I look for good deals. No defects, just working bikes. The example I gave in my intro. The guy had an offer of €150. But the person who made the offer was coming next day. So I said on the phone I would come today for €125. He asked €250. He said okay, because he wanted to have that damn thing just sold. I knew when I bought the bike I could probably sell it for €250 or even more. Just had to make my "ad" better, and I did.

With a system like this I do not see how it could turn passive truly but to me it sounds like a pretty good business, if you can find deals like these often. I would stick with it for a little and see where it takes you.

G

Guest34764

Wow, that's awesome.

Makes me feel good knowing I've inspired others to make a little bit of $.

You're doing a really good job @MarekvBeek , just continue flipping just like you did on the first bike and eventually things will compound together for more $.

Yeah, storage is always an issue with my mother, but If you can focus on high- end bikes and just buy one or two It shouldn't be too much of a problem if your storage is small.I don't even look at bikes under 300$ now.If it inspires you a little more I'm working on selling a bike for 1K, once It sells I'll update the thread (It's taking a bit longer than my other bikes to sell.Hopefully, it does within a few more days).

I'll have to update the thread with some more information about bike flipping because I didn't really think someone would actually go out and do it :woot:

On the topic of making it more passive, I have a few ideas but nothing that would probably work.I believe you can make this business more passive, but not 100% passive.I'll make sure to add some ideas to my thread about it.For now, I do everything manually and by myself (with my dad as the transportation).

Best of luck to you and keep at it!You're already doing great so far, just keep on doubling your money and compounding it so you can get the high-grade bikes and make some serious $.

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
Hey Guys,

Just bought 4 bikes for €400 in total. Pretty good deal. Bikes can be sold for double imo.
But I made a mistake. Actually it should have been €380, but I miscalculated the deal. So when I said €400 together, he of course said yes.
I'm moving the bikes now, but should/can I ask the guy about the mistake I've made? I know it's my mistake. But we already made the deal (I paid him)

Let me know :)
I'll post updates when they are online.

G

Guest34764

Just bought 4 bikes for €400 in total. Pretty good deal. Bikes can be sold for double imo.
But I made a mistake. Actually it should have been €380, but I miscalculated the deal. So when I said €400 together, he of course said yes.
I'm moving the bikes now, but should/can I ask the guy about the mistake I've made? I know it's my mistake. But we already made the deal (I paid him)

If you've already paid him just move on from the deal.

You live and you learn, just make a mental reminder to make sure the deal is what you want and you haven't misspoken next time.

20 pound difference isn't too much of a loss anyways.

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
Thanks. That was my struggle indeed, I already paid him. My mistake.

The guy was not home when I brought my last bike. So I called him and just thanked him for the deal. He might have more bikes in the future because he fixes them as a hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
Thanks. That was my struggle indeed, I already paid him. My mistake.

The guy was not home when I brought my last bike. So I called him and just thanked him for the deal. He might have more bikes in the future because he fixes them as a hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two things. One is that I'd personally just chalk the payment up to a learning experience. $30 as an everlasting reminder to always double check your calculations. And, it's better than the same mistake costing $1000.

Also, if you had asked the guy it may have offended or bothered him. Possibly not, but if you're planning to do business with him in the future it's something to consider.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...