OneDaySoon
New Contributor
- Joined
- Aug 10, 2011
- Messages
- 5
Rep Bank
$50
$50
User Power: 40%
I initially wrote this as an e-mail to my wife. After re-reading it, I thought it would be a great 1st post on this site. It'll be archived for me to come back to when I'm feeling down or defeated. I hope it provides inspiration for others. Good luck fellow future FastLaners!!!
I was reading success stories on the millionaire fastlane forum (Fastlane Millionaire Stories). It is so inspirational and motivational. What I realize from reading these stories (of people who have made it) is that nothing is achieved overnight. It takes months and years of struggle and persistence in order to gain the freedoms they enjoy. Most had more doors closed in their faces to the point where the majority would simply throw in the towel but they stayed true in their resilience and belief that they would make it. I'll be honest. I'm overwhelmed and brought down when I imagine all the things that will need to happen in order for me to enjoy the freedoms they currently experience. But reading about their struggle and overcoming those hurdles gets me so excited. I know I can do this. God has given me the intelligence and my past work experience provides me the skills to make my goals and dreams a reality. I need to dig deep - remember how hard it was for that little boy. The boy who not only had to deal with becoming a man overnight but had to deal with having an unstable home and the overwhelming feelings of loss with no closure all the while being a stranger in the world around me. From those ashes rose a man. A broken man but a man who made his way through life and achieved successes that many of his counterparts with so much more were not able to achieve. Life hasn't been easy but has made me the person I am today. That man knows that no one can stop you from achieving your dreams. You are your worst enemy which is the most truthful statement for myself. A man can easily be defeated by his own mind far quicker than any defeat that life can serve. I know we're willing to sacrifice everything in order to achieve our goals. I'm willing to give up everything and put in all the hard work. I know that this is the ONLY option for me. I cannot succeed in a corporate world not because I lack the intelligence, fortitude or persistence to rise but because I refuse to play into the rat race and corporate politics. Although the money is a big motivational factor, it's the achievement of the goal which I strive for. To be able to say to myself - look what you started with and look how far you came. Not only in financial riches but spiritual growth. I cannot and will not stop. In order to enjoy the true fruits of life the hard work and effort needs to be exerted. If life is easy then it's a life without challenge. This is not only a promise to you and my children but a promise to myself. Success will be achieved like all things in life..one step at a time. I will not give up!
I was reading success stories on the millionaire fastlane forum (Fastlane Millionaire Stories). It is so inspirational and motivational. What I realize from reading these stories (of people who have made it) is that nothing is achieved overnight. It takes months and years of struggle and persistence in order to gain the freedoms they enjoy. Most had more doors closed in their faces to the point where the majority would simply throw in the towel but they stayed true in their resilience and belief that they would make it. I'll be honest. I'm overwhelmed and brought down when I imagine all the things that will need to happen in order for me to enjoy the freedoms they currently experience. But reading about their struggle and overcoming those hurdles gets me so excited. I know I can do this. God has given me the intelligence and my past work experience provides me the skills to make my goals and dreams a reality. I need to dig deep - remember how hard it was for that little boy. The boy who not only had to deal with becoming a man overnight but had to deal with having an unstable home and the overwhelming feelings of loss with no closure all the while being a stranger in the world around me. From those ashes rose a man. A broken man but a man who made his way through life and achieved successes that many of his counterparts with so much more were not able to achieve. Life hasn't been easy but has made me the person I am today. That man knows that no one can stop you from achieving your dreams. You are your worst enemy which is the most truthful statement for myself. A man can easily be defeated by his own mind far quicker than any defeat that life can serve. I know we're willing to sacrifice everything in order to achieve our goals. I'm willing to give up everything and put in all the hard work. I know that this is the ONLY option for me. I cannot succeed in a corporate world not because I lack the intelligence, fortitude or persistence to rise but because I refuse to play into the rat race and corporate politics. Although the money is a big motivational factor, it's the achievement of the goal which I strive for. To be able to say to myself - look what you started with and look how far you came. Not only in financial riches but spiritual growth. I cannot and will not stop. In order to enjoy the true fruits of life the hard work and effort needs to be exerted. If life is easy then it's a life without challenge. This is not only a promise to you and my children but a promise to myself. Success will be achieved like all things in life..one step at a time. I will not give up!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
