The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Quickest Way I Know of To Make $10k If You Are Dead BROKE!! SERIOUSLY

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
I have been gone from the forum for a while but I wanted to share something of value.

I am not a writer so I don't expect to win a Pulitzer for this but it's strategy I know you can use and implement in as little as a few days to make money to finance those bigger dreams.

It's great to have big dreams of making millions or hundreds of thousands of dollars but first you need to know how to make thousands of dollars, consistently.

There are a lot of great ideas and concepts here on the forum, many of which may require time, money and/or a fair amount of focus and study to implement.

The bad (real) news is anything worth knowing requires focus and at least a little time to study so I can't help you there. That depends on your level of commitment.

The good news is

Not all things require money or "a lot" of time before you know enough to start making enough money to fund those bigger dreams.

THE QUICKEST AND MOST COST EFFECTIVE WAY I KNOW OF TO MAKE 10K (repetitively) IS CALLED "REAL ESTATE WHOLESALING"

If you have a car (not mandatory), a phone, and some hustle you can make money quickly in most cities and towns in the USA. I have done this in NC, GA, MS and Missouri. A few of these houses I never laid eyes on but that's a more advanced strategy called virtual wholesaling.

So, what is Realestate Wholesaling?

Realestate Wholesaling is the ability to find "off market" (not for sale) deep discounted properties (many times distressed), putting them under contract, then assigning your equitable rights to an end buyer which is most likely a local investor looking to buy similar properties for cash to fix up and resell for a healthy profit. Usually 20% -40%.

You make money by selling (assigning) your rights as the buyer to the investor (end buyer) which is paid to you by the attorney at closing.

Here is how it works.

Jeff lives in an area where investors buy and fix up properties regularly. What Jeff has recently learned is that these investors are great at fixing up houses and reselling them but they don't have the time or specialized knowledge to find homes and negotiate with motivated sellers, down to a price that would be profitable for them to fix and flip.

Jeff fills the void by doing what is called driving for dollars.

He commits so many hours per day or week to driving neighborhoods with recent homes that he notices are getting rehabbed and sold.

He knows if he can find distressed homes (that are NOT for sale already) and talks with the owners some of them may be in situations where they would be open to an all cash offer and 30 day closing. Some may even be in pre foreclosure and need to sell quickly and Jeff's service would be a life line to them and allow some to save their credit and possibly walk away with cash in their pocket instead of just losing the home.

BUT WAIT YOU SAID THIS DIDN'T REQUIRE ANY MONEY! WTF

Stay with me. It doesn't. At least not Jeff's.

Jeff eventually finds Jack. Jack lives in a 3br 2 bath brick ranch with a tarp on the roof, plastic over one of his windows, overgrown grass and a busted screen door.

Jeff recognizes this as a potential opportunity to solve a problem and gets Jacks contact information and gives Jack the homeowner a call.

After talking with Jack, Jeff learns that Jack is a widower with grown kids and has been thinking about selling this "money pit" and moving to the beach.

Jeff knows that the house has an ARV of $130k but will easily need $30k worth of repairs and updates. He tells Jack, "Hey I really like this house Jack, If I can give you $51000 cash for this house and close in 30 days would you sell it to me?"

Jack says hell yes I will sell you this house for $51,000 with no problem, and signs the contract with Jeff.

Jeff calls up a group of guys he met while stopping by the other houses he saw getting fixed up in the same area and asks if they would be interested in a great deal he has under contract with about a 30% ROI.

The potential buyers are already familiar with the comparables in the area and know that a 3br 2 bath house in HGTV shape, in the same area will sell for $130k or more. Jeff tells them his contract is for $51k with a $10k assignment fee making their total purchase price for Jack's home $61k. When they inquire about the repairs Jeff simply tells them that they can expect to spend $30k or less in repairs. Jeff knows most of them have their own crews that will most likely do the repairs for much less but he doesn't care. He is about to make $10k for less than a weeks worth of work and he is pumped.

When all is said and done the investors are falling over themselves to buy Jeff's deal for $61k because it's a no brainer, profitable deal in an area they are familiar with.

Jeff decides to assign his contract to an investor named Hank for a fee of $10,000.

After Jeff signs the assignment contract, a $2,500 non refundable deposit goes directly to the closing attorney as valuable consideration. Jeff points out in the contract to Hank If he doesn't close in the time agreed upon, Jeff keeps the $2,500 and calls up another buyer with the deal if he has to. After all Jeff has a reputation to protect.

Hank is ecstatic that he just contracted a house worth at least $130k ARV (after repair value) for $61,000. After he puts $30k (or less) into renovation he will be all in for $91,000 not including closing fees.

At closing Jeff gets a check from the attorney for $10,000 for his assignment fee and didn't spend a dime.

Hank goes on to fix the house up and sells it as expected making a very nice profit. Jeff phone starts to ring constantly with investors looking for more deals.

In closing. There are simple assignment and option to purchase contracts you should use to structure this type of deal properly (which you can find online for free). There are also paid ways you can go about finding owners of distressed property to save you time but you don't NEED these things to make your first 10k.

Start looking at youtube videos on wholesaling. There are some good free resources out there. Max Maxwell does a really good free series. Also Jaelin White

I am not saying this is the only business you should focus on but it's a way to make some quick steady cash if you stay committed..

I have corrected and revised this a few times because my phone was constantly ringing and people were in and out asking me questions. I can not multi task well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• HUD 1.png
    HUD 1.png
    473.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Sounds cool if you know about real estate....I'm good at talking to people but I know jack s*** about houses and property :D

Google and YouTube is all you need. This is 2020.

No one knows anything about anything... until they decide to learn it.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Real estate is a huge turn off because it's all about extreme math, complex financial documents and the whole she-bang, and all those highly technical terms which make no sense. I think you need at least a diploma or even degree to understand those charts, projections, "yields" whatsoever, as well as understand architectural drawings and some basic knowledge of interior design.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Good luck driving around your neighborhood for hours on end in the hopes of finding an absentee owner property.

Reality: you need money to buy leads (Rebo/Listsource) and then a little more for outreach (Click2mail).

Xolela83

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 10, 2020
lisakhanya@07
I have been gone from the forum for a while but I wanted to share something of value.

There are a lot of great ideas and concepts hereon the forum, many of which could require time, money and/or a fair amount of focus and learning to implement.

The bad news is anything worth knowing requires focus and at least a little time to learn so I can't help you there.

But...

Not all things require money or "a lot" of time before you know enough to start making enough money to fund those bigger dreams.

THE QUICKEST AND MOST COST EFFECTIVE WAY I KNOW OF TO MAKE 10K IS CALLED "REAL ESTATE WHOLESALING"

If you have a car (not mandatory), a phone, and some hustle you can make money quickly depending upon your market and level of commitment.

What is Wholesaling.

Realestate Wholesaling is simply finding "off market" deep discounted properties (many times distressed), getting them under contract then assigning your equitable rights to an end buyer which is most likely an investor in most cases.

This is how you make your money.

Jeff is lives in an area where investors buy and fix up properties regularly. What Jeff has recently learned is that these investors are great at fixing up houses and reselling them but they don't have the time or specialized knowledge to find homes and negotiate with motivated sellers, down to a price that would be profitable.

He commits so many hours per day or week to driving neighborhoods with recent homes that he notices are getting rehabbed and sold.

He knows if he can find distressed homes (that are NOT for sale) and talks with the owners some of them may be in situations where they would be open to an all cash offer and 30 day closing.

Jeff eventually finds Jack. Jack lives in a 3br 2 bath brick ranch with a tarp on the roof, plastic over his one of his windows, overgrown grass and busted screen door.

After talking with Jack, Jeff find out that Jack is a widower with grown kids and has been thinking about selling this "money pit" moving to the beach.

Jeff knows that the house has an ARV of $130k but will easily need $30k worth of repairs and updates. He tells Jack, "Hey I really like this house Jack, If I can give you $51000 cash for this house and close in 30 days would you sell it to me?"

Jack says hell yes I will sell you this house for $51,000 with no problem, and signs the contract with Jeff.

Jeff calls up a group of guys he met while stopping by the other houses he saw getting fixed up in the same area and asks if they would be interested in great deal he has under contract with about a 30% ROI.

The potential buyers are already familiar with the comparables in the area and know that a 3br 2 bath house in HGTV shape, in the same area will sell for $130k or more. Jeff tells them his contract is for $51k with a $10k assignment fee making their total purchase price for Jack's home $61k. When they inquire about the repairs Jeff simply tells them that they can expect to spend $30k or less in repairs. Jeff knows most of them have their own crews that will most likely will do the repairs for much less but he doesn't care. He is about to make $10k for less than a weeks worth of work and he is pumped.

When all is said and done the investors are falling over themselves to buy Jeffs deal for $61k because it's a no brainer, profitable deal in an area they are familiar with.

Jeff decides to assign his contract to an investor named Hank for a fee of $10,000.

After Jeff signs the assignment contract, a $2,500 non refundable deposit goes directly to the closing attorney as valuable consideration. Jeff points out in the contract to Hank If he doesn't close in the time agreed upon, Jeff keeps the $2,500 and calls up another buyer with the deal if he has to. After all Jeff has a reputation to protect.

Hank is ecstatic that he just contracted a house worth at least $130k ARV (after repair value) for $61,000. After he puts $30k (or less) into renovation he will be all in for $91,000 not including closing fees.

At closing Jeff gets a check from the attorney for $10,000 for his assignment fee and didn't spend a dime.

Hank goes on to fix the house up and sells it as expected making a very nice profit. Jeff phone starts to ring constantly with investors looking for more deals.

In closing. There are simple assignment and option to purchase contracts you should use to structure this type of deal properly (which you can find online for free). There are also paid ways you can go about finding owners of distressed property to save you time but you don't NEED these things to make your first 10k.

Start looking at youtube videos on wholesaling. There are some good free resources out there. Max Maxwell does a really good free series. Also Jaelin White

I am not saying this is the only business you should focus on but it's a way to make some quick steady cash if you stay committed..
Sounds good Yussef, thank you for sharing this

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020

There are a lot of great ideas and concepts hereon the forum, many of which could require time, money and/or a fair amount of focus and learning to implement.

The bad news is anything worth knowing requires focus and at least a little time to learn so I can't help you there.

But...

THE QUICKEST AND MOST COST EFFECTIVE WAY I KNOW OF TO MAKE 10K IS CALLED "REAL ESTATE WHOLESALING"

If you have a car (not mandatory), a phone, and some hustle you can make money quickly depending upon your market and level of commitment.

What is Wholesaling.

Realestate Wholesaling is simply finding "off market" deep discounted properties (many times distressed), getting them under contract then assigning your equitable rights to an end buyer which is most likely an investor in most cases.

This is how you make your money.

Jeff is lives in an area where investors buy and fix up properties regularly. What Jeff has recently learned is that these investors are great at fixing up houses and reselling them but they don't have the time or specialized knowledge to find homes and negotiate with motivated sellers, down to a price that would be profitable.

He knows if he can find distressed homes (that are NOT for sale) and talks with the owners some of them may be in situations where they would be open to an all cash offer and 30 day closing.

Jeff eventually finds Jack. Jack lives in a 3br 2 bath brick ranch with a tarp on the roof, plastic over his one of his windows, overgrown grass and busted screen door.

After talking with Jack, Jeff find out that Jack is a widower with grown kids and has been thinking about selling this "money pit" moving to the beach.

Jeff calls up a group of guys he met while stopping by the other houses he saw getting fixed up in the same area and asks if they would be interested in great deal he has under contract with about a 30% ROI.

The potential buyers are already familiar with the comparables in the area and know that a 3br 2 bath house in HGTV shape, in the same area will sell for $130k or more. Jeff tells them his contract is for $51k with a $10k assignment fee making their total purchase price for Jack's home $61k. When they inquire about the repairs Jeff simply tells them that they can expect to spend $30k or less in repairs. Jeff knows most of them have their own crews that will most likely will do the repairs for much less but he doesn't care. He is about to make $10k for less than a weeks worth of work and he is pumped.

When all is said and done the investors are falling over themselves to buy Jeffs deal for $61k because it's a no brainer, profitable deal in an area they are familiar with.

Have you tried it?

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Sounds cool if you know about real estate....I'm good at talking to people but I know jack s*** about houses and property :D

All you need to know are your numbers. You don't have to be an expert at knowing about realestate. Trust me. If you can go to Lowes or Home Depot and figure out what a vanity, flooring, lighting and paint cost per sf, you can learn to estimate what it cost to fix up a bathroom. Or use $10 per sf for a light rehab. $20 for a moderate one and $30 -$40 for a total gut job and you should have a conservative enough number to make an offer that will work for an end buyer.

Last edited:

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Have you tried it?

Several successful closings since since 2003 but my first wholesale deal was around 2007. And yes I still use this strategy along with a few others like subject-to deals etc.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Good luck driving around your neighborhood for hours on end in the hopes of finding an absentee owner property.

Reality: you need money to buy leads (Rebo/Listsource) and then a little more for outreach (Click2mail).

Oh is that so? Yes those things work when you want to scale but mindset is everything. Every neighborhood has a situation waiting for a solution. Let me ask you this, even if it takes you driving for hours to find the right deal how much time does it take you at your job to make 10K? Just curious.

How about grinding hard the old fashion way to get your first deal closed and then investing the profit into lists, bird dogs and online tools to help scale?

Last edited:

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Your first deal is always your hardest.

Find some empty and/or distressed "off market" houses, go to the county tax assesor's site,

and get the owner's name and address. FYI I don't target homes that are owned by corporations or LLCs.

Send them a simple letter like the one below and be consistent this is about numbers and consistency:

Hi Sally,

My name is Sef.

I would like to buy your house located at 123 main street for cash
Please call me Today at (666) 789-9870

I can close in 30 days
All Cash
No Real Estate agents to pay. No Fees.
I pay all closing costs.

Thanks, Sef.

Eventually you will get a deal.

Last edited:

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Several successful closings since since 2003 but my first wholesale deal was around 2007. And yes I still use this strategy along with a few others like subject-to deals etc.
What would happen if you didn't get a buyer in time?

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
What would happen if you didn't get a buyer in time?

There are more than enough buyers if you take the time to know your numbers and neighborhoods. Again, you have already begun to build relationships with buyers by stopping by to talk to them at the homes you see being fixed and flipped. Or going to your local REIAs and meetups to introduce yourself.

If a buyer doesn't want your deal you have not done your homework correctly.

Don't get stuck on the what if's. What if you actually get a deal and make a good fee?

What happens then?

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
There are more than enough buyers if you take the time to know your numbers and neighborhoods. Again, you have already begun to build relationships with buyers by stopping by to talk to them at the homes you see being fixed and flipped. Or going to your local REIAs and meetups to introduce yourself.

If a buyer doesn't want your deal you have not done your homework correctly.

Don't get stuck on the what if's. What if you actually get a deal and make a good fee?

What happens then?
You're right.
I'll have to check if this is doable in the UK, no shortage of dilapidated houses here.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
You're right.
I'll have to check if this is doable in the UK, no shortage of dilapidated houses here.
I don't know about the laws in the UK so I can't say one way or another but I do know of quite a few people that wholesale deals here that live in other countries.
There is/ should be a clause in the contract that gives you a LEGAL out.

Usually the due diligence period- just like any other real estate transaction.
That is always there for sure, not only on the assignment contract but the option to purchase contract as well.. But if someone is really hungry enough to start watching the videos they will learn this is a very common question that is answered.

Last edited:

consignia

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jul 19, 2019
I've read about many people pulling these deals for a few grands each time but it only works in the US and a few other first world countries

Shay Horseman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
533%
May 8, 2020
Nashville, TN
This is great stuff and very motivating. I would be very interested in learning this and giving it a try. I have never been interested in the land flipping/wholesale land stuff. I work directly for 1 of the 8 credit card processors in the U.S. and one of my partnerships I have is with Land Academy and ReTipster. They teach folks how to buy and flip land. Believe it or not, people do buy ocean front property in Arizona with a credit card online. I have 100's of land sellers as clients and some knock it out of the park each and every month.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
So essentially you need to find a cheap home and sell it for more than you bought it? Revolutionary
Yes but the art is in the science. You are NOT finding a cheap home, you are finding a situation that lends itself to you creating an opportunity for you and an end buyer. Cheap is relative to ARV, location, negotiation skills and ability to disposition your inventory.

pumpking