The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The queen of marketing

Marketing, social media, advertising

testuser

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Aug 23, 2015
When reading TMF some time ago I started to work on my own fastlane project. Looking at your business as a game of chess, marketing is your queen. You might have a great business or idea, without your queen it’s practically useless.

I started my project with NESCT in mind and of course a customer service that SUCS. My business enhances the buying process between customers and webshops. One part of this business is to stimulate people to write quality reviews that can be verified by a customer.

Currently I’m using known pull methods of marketing like Google adwords, bing adds and other social media campaigns. Some days ago I browsed through TMF again and I focused on the queen ever since. As MJ is telling in TMF you need to be the network marketing company, not joining one.

So I started to implement some new features:
  • Referral/affiliate system for writers
  • Referral/affiliate system for webshops
  • Most Social shares of the month
  • Best writer of the month
The problem is that it’s not going fast enough. I only get a few new writers each week. They are very positive about my business and they are spreading the word through their personal blogs. But somehow I’m missing something. It looks like my queen isn’t moving yet.

I’m wondering, how did you move your marketing queen in a higher gear?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
Every business is different, and different types of marketing work best for each business. That's where knowing your customers and industry comes in. You have to figure out the best way to get your service in front of them.

I'm not a marketing expert by any means, but know your industry better than anybody else and get your service in front of them. If your current method is working, pivot and try another method. You need to experiment. When you discover the best method, focus on it 100%.

testuser

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Aug 23, 2015
Every business is different, and different types of marketing work best for each business. That's where knowing your customers and industry comes in. You have to figure out the best way to get your service in front of them.

I'm not a marketing expert by any means, but know your industry better than anybody else and get your service in front of them. If your current method is working, pivot and try another method. You need to experiment. When you discover the best method, focus on it 100%.

That's true. But sometimes you don't know where to look or start.

For example, i contacted some websites where my audience hangs out. In order to be on their site i need to pay one or two euro for each active user they recruit for me. An active user won't bring in money directly for my business. So that means when they recruit 5.000 users i have to pay them 5.000-10.000 euro's which i simply don't have.

So instead i offered them to use my referral system. For each active user they deliver i will pay them 10% of their income. But they want instant gratification. They rather have 1 euro now then 10 euro in a few months for the same user.

Ofcourse i don't give up and keep looking and trying other methods. What could be a tactic to counter those instant gratification thoughts of others?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.