MJ DeMarco
I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Read Choose Hard!
A few months ago I put a bathtub on sale at Craigslist -- the tub was out in my backyard for months and was filthy dirty -- I snapped a few photos and advertised it at Craigslist for $30 and specifically mentioned that the tub was in good condition but dirty and just needed to be cleaned. Normally I would have just tossed the tub in the trash or donated it however this tub weighed about 250lbs -- I could not move it for the life of me! I just wanted it gone!
Despite the disclaimer, no one emailed or called.
So fast forward to today and I see that darn bathtub still sitting in my backyard making things look like a junkyard. So I whip out the Comet and scrub brush and clean up the tub to a sparkling new appearance. Then I snap a few new photos and relist the item on Craigslist, this time for $40.
The new ad got 4 responses and the tub was sold within just a few hours.
This experiment in consumer behavior reminds me the good old days of marketing ... a good picture is worth 10X more than descriptive text.
I also feel like someone paid me for the privilege to move the darn thing!
Cheers,
MJ
Despite the disclaimer, no one emailed or called.
So fast forward to today and I see that darn bathtub still sitting in my backyard making things look like a junkyard. So I whip out the Comet and scrub brush and clean up the tub to a sparkling new appearance. Then I snap a few new photos and relist the item on Craigslist, this time for $40.
The new ad got 4 responses and the tub was sold within just a few hours.
This experiment in consumer behavior reminds me the good old days of marketing ... a good picture is worth 10X more than descriptive text.
I also feel like someone paid me for the privilege to move the darn thing!
Cheers,
MJ
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
