The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The next gold rush - IoT (internet of things)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
digitally enslave people

Naw....

if-the-titanic-sank-today1.jpg

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...rious-social-media-smartphone-insanity.53079/

Last edited:

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
Everyone's so picking on the easy hanging fruit:
  • Social media
  • Radiowaves
  • profit?
Digitalization is the greatest thing to happen to humanity; it's irrelevant to me if others are missing this opportunity posting meaningless shit on Facebook. This era has a phenomenal range of entrepreneurial potential, especially for the tech savvy.

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
how many people have been perfectly happy to plop an Amazon Echo onto their kitchen counter? Insane if you ask me.

Why worry about an Echo when smartphones are utterly ubiquitous and have the same capabilities plus video (not to mention laptops or game consoles)? or when people can hack cars, planes, and nuclear plants?

Imo, the potential for turning a roomba homicidal is pretty non-threatening when, comparatively speaking, all the pieces for the horror movies are already in place.

MKHB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jun 26, 2015
Buy copper, silver, and silica, and option agriculturally zoned land near black fiber trunk lines; they estimate that data storage needs will grow 26X by 2030 due to increase in number of devices and increased data demand from higher resolution smart phones cameras, self driving cars etc.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
perfect!!!!

just missing the one hedge fund guy in the corner asking himself how he can game this situation for his clients and the bankster in the other corner pondering how much Lowering rates woukd help or funding the selling of new batteries for all these smartphones

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
Found this article about how many IoT products don't provide any value for the consumers: http://www.forbes.com/sites/theopri...are-for-an-internet-of-very-pointless-things/

Great article and relevant to what we are all saying.

The real trend is actually back to real, real food and real people, simple, organic, the experience, enjoying time, building things again, truth

Contrast that to the many illusions being sold people which are artificial and facades of reality. Whether Internet of everything, driverless cars, or the currently pumped hype of robots...these things are opposed to what real people are saying they want. Technocrats have their marching orders though and money and sex are powerful programmers

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada

EmperorPear

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 15, 2014
Bor, Serbia
Perhaps not to that degree, but an IOT connected cancer/heart disease prevention monitor wouldn't be such a bad thing.
Hmm, maybe we can make a database which collects the info from many health monitors so we can make some statistics easy to get.
For example, there is a new disease that waddles it's way to our precious bodies. In days we can get all the common and uncommon symptoms and their chances of appearing. Some pharmaceutical companies make random drugs and try them out. Their efficiency can be obtained instantly. There are many other examples, but I see the main purpose of it is speeding things up

I just hope some xXH4cK3RXx won't DDoS my life support. Security Companies will have their hands full.

I see this being done with today's tech, The database could be used with Cloud storage. Security is trickier. Home appliances can be connected via VPN connection, but databases like the one mentioned will be a challenge to defend.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
This rush will come in stages of adoption, from novelty to critical, as confidence and security improves. (i do not touch anything financial via mobile, other than generic portfolio status/alerts not linked to any of my accounts). I do like the remote security/medical monitoring and remote medicine for the aging population who are aging in place(at home). Millions every year hitting this stage, not quite ready for low-high needs senior living ($$4-10 grand a month).

Simple home security now expanded into motion detectors to make sure they are moving about, medical monitors etc...so adult kids and docs can keep track of them, make sure they are taking their meds etc... Lots of value putting together and branding existing wired/wireless monitors and positioning it in a higher margin growing market such as senior monitoring/care as opposed to grinding out low cost general security.

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
it's pretty scary and to make it worst the huge corporations are just forcing it up on us lol, but to look at it positively it's a really damn huge market 10+ trillion and that's why the corporations are really into it. it will happen though, we are already seeing it especially in the health industry persons are getting old and their health will need to be monitored especially if you're sick on a daily basis. farming as well will be really interesting and alot companies are now getting into the home look google nest.

it's going to happen whether we like it or not and and after a couple of years it's going to be like nothing remember the when the internet just got started alot of persons were doubting it but look at it now.this is the third wave of the internet and it's going to be the biggest innovation mankind has ever seen thus far and i am not gonna lie i am a bit excited. just imagine you lost your keys and you're like shit where is my keys and then you could just search for it on a internet of things search engine and you can see it on a map. that would be amazing.

you forgot to flush your toilet or your toilet alerts you that it isn't clean and you could just flush it from anywhere in the world or tell it to automatically clean it self or for instance a patient is really sick and they forgtot to take their pill or forgot that it's finished the internet of things will eliminate those problems, your pill is finish great alert the pharmacy automatically deliver you a new set of pills.

but overall though their is alot of challenges that needs to be overcomed because the world we now live in is really complex and it's going to take a while for these new technologies to come to fruition maybe even a decade or two but regardless of how long it takes my friends it's going to happen the internet of things is here to stay.

ToniLene

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Sep 9, 2015
it's pretty scary and to make it worst the huge corporations are just forcing it up on us lol, but to look at it positively it's a really damn huge market 10+ trillion and that's why the corporations are really into it. it will happen though, we are already seeing it especially in the health industry persons are getting old and their health will need to be monitored especially if you're sick on a daily basis. farming as well will be really interesting and alot companies are now getting into the home look google nest.

it's going to happen whether we like it or not and and after a couple of years it's going to be like nothing remember the when the internet just got started alot of persons were doubting it but look at it now.this is the third wave of the internet and it's going to be the biggest innovation mankind has ever seen thus far and i am not gonna lie i am a bit excited. just imagine you lost your keys and you're like shit where is my keys and then you could just search for it on a internet of things search engine and you can see it on a map. that would be amazing.

you forgot to flush your toilet or your toilet alerts you that it isn't clean and you could just flush it from anywhere in the world or tell it to automatically clean it self or for instance a patient is really sick and they forgtot to take their pill or forgot that it's finished the internet of things will eliminate those problems, your pill is finish great alert the pharmacy automatically deliver you a new set of pills.

but overall though their is alot of challenges that needs to be overcomed because the world we now live in is really complex and it's going to take a while for these new technologies to come to fruition maybe even a decade or two but regardless of how long it takes my friends it's going to happen the internet of things is here to stay.

Ya think?

Anyway, as far as your comment about IOT eventually being like "nothing," as in it will become an everyday part of life for everyone; speak for yourself. Anything connected to the internet can and will be hacked. If you're cool with random or unknown entities listening to your private conversations and collecting your data, great. Not everyone is that accepting or naive and will opt out in one way or another.

http://www.businessinsider.com/hackers-use-a-refridgerator-to-attack-businesses-2014-1
http://www.wired.com/2015/03/hacked-fridges-arent-internet-things-biggest-worry/
http://www.vocativ.com/tech/internet/internet-of-things/

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
It's all coming faster than you believe guys

From the smart shirt that tells you you need to have a shower to the toilet that inspects your stool for health problems.

ToniLene

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Sep 9, 2015
It's all coming faster than you believe guys

From the smart shirt that tells you you need to have a shower to the toilet that inspects your stool for health problems.

Who needs to shower? I'm sure a pill will come along to eliminate body odor. Sign you up, right!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.