- Joined
- Sep 12, 2012
- Messages
- 227
Rep Bank
$955
$955
User Power: 155%
Stand still, and look around you. You have a roof over your head, you've probably just had a hot meal, and you don't have to worry about any of those in the immediate future. Even if things go drastically wrong, you'd probably still find shelter at friends/family or the community.
Why settle for security?
Let me tell you a story
I was offered a job as a salesman, paid by commission. I clenched towards security, and begged my boss at the time for a base salary + small commission. He refused, and I had to do with the means he gave me. One month passed by, and out of necessity, I realized I had made 5 times more than I would working for a salary.
There is no security people, with the pace of the earth moving in this day and age, there's a big enough chance your employer will lay you off compared to your business failing.
Stand still, realize that you will never ever take a single penny with you after you die, after they lay you to rest, and if you believe in a God, after you meet your afterlife. If you only have two options in life: 1. mediocrity, and 2. to make a difference. Why settle for mediocrity? Why? If you have the chance to become different!
Ideals before selfrespect! It's the only way to make a dent in this world. If you are not willing to sacrifice your own security (I'm not talking to people with families here, that's an entire different case), what are you willing to sacrifice? What is important enough in life for you that you would defend until eternity? If freedom is important to you, would you risk sleeping on a park bench for several weeks, knowing that that may probably never be the case?
How far are you willing to go? How strong is your state of mind?
WHEN will you have found enough 'external factors' in life that motivate you enough to make the big leap?
Why settle for security?
Let me tell you a story
I was offered a job as a salesman, paid by commission. I clenched towards security, and begged my boss at the time for a base salary + small commission. He refused, and I had to do with the means he gave me. One month passed by, and out of necessity, I realized I had made 5 times more than I would working for a salary.
There is no security people, with the pace of the earth moving in this day and age, there's a big enough chance your employer will lay you off compared to your business failing.
Stand still, realize that you will never ever take a single penny with you after you die, after they lay you to rest, and if you believe in a God, after you meet your afterlife. If you only have two options in life: 1. mediocrity, and 2. to make a difference. Why settle for mediocrity? Why? If you have the chance to become different!
Ideals before selfrespect! It's the only way to make a dent in this world. If you are not willing to sacrifice your own security (I'm not talking to people with families here, that's an entire different case), what are you willing to sacrifice? What is important enough in life for you that you would defend until eternity? If freedom is important to you, would you risk sleeping on a park bench for several weeks, knowing that that may probably never be the case?
How far are you willing to go? How strong is your state of mind?
WHEN will you have found enough 'external factors' in life that motivate you enough to make the big leap?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
