The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Entrepreneur

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
I like the idea of the rock climbing gym or martial arts training. Those things build bonds around a common interest.

I read a study recently, that one's happiness is improved by the number of daily positive interactions you have with strangers. So, like the friendly interest-shared small-talk with people at the gym. They aren't your friends (yet), but just seeing some smiling faces and having some short conversations with the people in your city makes you feel good. It makes you feel more satisfied and rooted in your community.

I know it's been true for me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Don't do it. Facebook is where faith in humanity goes to die.

Haha, it's that bad now, huh?

By "getting back on" I mean increasing my number of friends from 5 to like 20-30. Basically, the people that I talk to in person on at least a weekly basis. See pictures of their kids and stuff.

I think if you aren't seeing (or phoning/skyping) people regularly, it's best to just let them go. Maybe you'll reconnect with them one day, maybe you won't. "checking in" on them is a waste of mental energy and doesn't enhance your relationship.

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
So delete your facebook, then make a new one, and only friend the 4 or 5 people in your family you care about.

I did that a few years ago, and it was a very healthy change for me. I don't even check the family one anymore, as we do a weekly video hangout now.
Just did it man!
I got an external hard drive and loaded all my photos onto it and now I've got about 10 of my closest family and friends to keep in touch with only on it. It feels rather freeing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Just did it man!
I got an external hard drive and loaded all my photos onto it and now I've got about 10 of my closest family and friends to keep in touch with only on it. It feels rather freeing.

You'll find yourself typing "fac" into your browser absent mindedly for a couple of weeks. Some small withdrawl-like symptoms. After two weeks, you'll forget you ever had a facebook.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
You'll find yourself typing "fac" into your browser absent mindedly for a couple of weeks. Some small withdrawl-like symptoms. After two weeks, you'll forget you ever had a facebook.

Kinda like smoking :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.