A subject came up last night at the mini-meetup. Its a subject that seems almost taboo on this forum. Might wanna send out the children for the next part. Getting a job
. I know, I know, pretty scary.
All sarcasm aside, lets take a closer look at work. A job can be stressful, a pain in the neck, dealing with the boss, dealing with other coworkers, getting up early, a lousy pay check, and valuable life energy spent. I suppose that's certainly one way to look at working. I believe that a good majority of society sees working in that light. Trouble is, folks on this forum are not a good majority of society.
Folks on this forum tend to see the shining diamond where others see a lump of coal. Lets examine what a job is from the other side of things. Its a way to earn income, put money in the bank, earn money for a down payment for that first rental, help you qualified for your first loan, a place to make valuable business connections, even put food on the table:smug2:. Its that first step towards your financial freedom. Its not a bad thing.
Do not feel down because your still working. Only feel down if your working with no goal in mind. Now your just spinning your wheels. As ATW explained so well, set your dream and plan and pursue it. Part of that pursuit may include working. So be it. Driving in first gear somewhat stinks, but it makes it possible to shift up to higher gears. Remember that when your job is dragging you down. Its merely a stepping stone, but an important one towards your ultimate goals. Not a single person on this forum "made it" without working. Even the self employed types.
So why do folks on this forum congratulate others when they quit their job? I think they are really celebrating a graduation. Graduating from high school to college. Graduating from job dependence to job independence. Its merely a another milestone. Congrats for putting in the effort, pursuing your dream and moving on to the next step.
I think what I'm trying to say to the other working stiffs:coffee: out there. Its not a sin to still be working as long as that job is your goal or a means to your goal. Separate yourself from the majority of society and use that job as a tool and not as ankle chain.
. I know, I know, pretty scary.All sarcasm aside, lets take a closer look at work. A job can be stressful, a pain in the neck, dealing with the boss, dealing with other coworkers, getting up early, a lousy pay check, and valuable life energy spent. I suppose that's certainly one way to look at working. I believe that a good majority of society sees working in that light. Trouble is, folks on this forum are not a good majority of society.
Folks on this forum tend to see the shining diamond where others see a lump of coal. Lets examine what a job is from the other side of things. Its a way to earn income, put money in the bank, earn money for a down payment for that first rental, help you qualified for your first loan, a place to make valuable business connections, even put food on the table:smug2:. Its that first step towards your financial freedom. Its not a bad thing.
Do not feel down because your still working. Only feel down if your working with no goal in mind. Now your just spinning your wheels. As ATW explained so well, set your dream and plan and pursue it. Part of that pursuit may include working. So be it. Driving in first gear somewhat stinks, but it makes it possible to shift up to higher gears. Remember that when your job is dragging you down. Its merely a stepping stone, but an important one towards your ultimate goals. Not a single person on this forum "made it" without working. Even the self employed types.
So why do folks on this forum congratulate others when they quit their job? I think they are really celebrating a graduation. Graduating from high school to college. Graduating from job dependence to job independence. Its merely a another milestone. Congrats for putting in the effort, pursuing your dream and moving on to the next step.
I think what I'm trying to say to the other working stiffs:coffee: out there. Its not a sin to still be working as long as that job is your goal or a means to your goal. Separate yourself from the majority of society and use that job as a tool and not as ankle chain.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
